PDA

View Full Version : Help on a L1A1 lower

bernardg
March 25, 2002, 22:22
First time posting, been lurking here getting info on building from a L1A1 kit. I have the Century inch receiver (looks good)and I thought I was getting the US parts for the fire control system. Tonight when I started working on the lower, the parts wouldn't align with the holes in the lower. Went back to the Century site, and it reads "FAL US parts kit". Is there a different kit for the L1A1, or do I cut and grind to make this one work? I thought this was gonna be simple. :confused: TIA..

kotengu
March 25, 2002, 22:49
Sounds kind of like you're trying to put metric parts in an inch lower. I don't know a Dremel-fix for this one, but maybe somebody will chime in that does.

Can you elaborate a little so we can make sure that this is the problem?

bernardg
March 25, 2002, 22:58
That's what I'm beginning to think I have, is a metric fire control system. I don't believe even grinding will make these parts work. I guess I need to find an outfit that sells an inch fire control system, if there is such an animal...Everything I seen so far says "FAL", so I assume that means metric? Can the inch receiver be assembled on a metric lower w/o alot of trouble? Thanks..

March 26, 2002, 07:54
Century's can have either an inch or metric lower. If you can post a picture, we can ID what you have. The comlete lowers will swap no problem but the parts in them are not the same.

Metric lower ID- Safety selector has a round nub on it, back of receiver where stock meets is squared off. Tang on the bottom of lower.

Inch lower ID- Big rectangular tab on safety selector, back of lower is not squared off, kind of a scallop on the side. Tang on the bottom.

Skip the Century Hammer, trigger, sear, They are garbage. Get the FSE parts, much better.

Check here for picures www.gunthings.com (http://www.gunthings.com)

Tango 1Zero
March 26, 2002, 12:55
Tapco sells inch U.S. fire control parts.
I have them in my aussie they are FSE brand and work great.

bernardg
March 26, 2002, 17:47
Since I was sure of my lower being inch, I did a search for FSE, I called RPB today and verified that the inch parts they carried would fit my L1A1. Ordered them from there, since they're only two states away...if I'm lucky, they should be here by the end of the week. Thanks for the help..