PDA

View Full Version : 10 inchs of rain in Dallas & DFW

Dean P
March 19, 2006, 22:32
I think the entire DFW area is flooded, to much rain in 24 hours. There is more rain coming up from SW Texas, look out we may be washed away.

bulletslap
March 19, 2006, 22:45
I live South of Ft. Worth, close to Village Creek - man is it ever booming !

Celtic warrior
March 19, 2006, 22:47
Dean: I'll keep a postive thought for y'all from up here in the frozen north.
I lived just outside Dallas way back in '78-79.
and found out first hand what nasty spring and summer storms are like there!

'TUDE
March 19, 2006, 22:50
The creeks are rising and my ponds are finally filling back up. I am flooded though. Several roads around my house are under water. Looks like another couple days of this. Was in Duncan, OK over the weekend and they too had rain all weekend. Have already lost power here twice due to storms this evening and now more rumbling is moving closer. My rose bushes, peach, and plum trees are loving it though.

Mebsuta
March 19, 2006, 22:51
Think we can say the drought is broken. Hope they got where needed for wildfires, but I don't think that is the case. Latest wildfire sitrep says situation still critical.

instr8
March 19, 2006, 22:54
Thought you guys were needing all the rain you could get to help with the fires. Not much help I guess if it washes everything else away too.

Mebsuta
March 19, 2006, 23:01
Well a certain firing range is probably under water right now. There is that crick and they get flooded out every time.

Celtic warrior
March 19, 2006, 23:04
Had a buddy send me some pics when the Trinity River was up to the levees some years back, even now I can't fathom that much water...

Dean P
March 19, 2006, 23:19
A few years back the State DOT rebuilt North Central Expressway sunk it 30 feet or more. The entire underground storm sewer for the freeway was routed to a underground resevoir & then pumped to Turtle creek. A small lazy creek that runs through a gay area in North Dallas & Highland Park. They have a drowning everytime it gets up now, they lost a woman this morning.

MordeanGrey
March 19, 2006, 23:58
It has rained most of the day here in NE Kansas. After midnight it's supposed to start snowing, and Monday through Tuesday they're predicting 8-14 inches of snow.

So much for the start of spring! They're also predicting it will be 70 within a week, so the snow won't last. We certainly need the rain.

MordeanGrey
March 20, 2006, 00:00
The radar for Sunday night...

Dean P
March 20, 2006, 08:08
What the rador is not telling is that the heavy rain in the yellow strip is training or snaking in a straight line Northeast. This is how we were getting such a large amount of rain in one area. We measured 9.75 here at home, the North Central canyon got over 5 inchs. When that much water gets dumped in Turtle Creek from the NC freeway it turns into a death trap for anyone in that area.
We built a underground resevoir at Cole Park & the project was awarded the Baldwin award of excellence. I got almost a $20,000 bonus out of it just for doing my job. It was a hundred feet deep in Austin chalk, it has 13 tunnels, 40 ft. wide, 900 ft. long. It catches all of the water runoff from NC canyon, about 5 to 6 miles long. There are 2 to 3 pumps at 2 to 3 hundred thousand gallons per minute emptying or maintaining the water level. When the pumps get behind a floodgate opens automatic & dumps most of the water at once into Turtle creek a small lazy creek that runs through a large upscale gay area. It has been a major screwup by the City of Dallas, so far unreported as to the cause of flooding. There should have been a major underground stormsewer that drained directly into the Trinty River.

Dean P
March 20, 2006, 09:09
In hindsight I think that is how Dallas handles their gay problem, every few years the problem get's flushed down the river. Boy!! Some sharp lawyer type could make a few bucks here.:) As long as the Pat Roberson types don't get envolved calling it a act of God.:D

brainiac
March 20, 2006, 11:05
Only 3-4 inches at my place in Parker County. Creek is full up to the bank and the ground is wet all over, but no flooding.

Falunga
March 20, 2006, 11:54
40 days and 40 nights would be a good start.

Wash Tejas back to Mejico and we'd be done with it. They can take DABTL too.

Jim :fal: FALunga

Dean P
March 20, 2006, 12:03

Jim FALunga

I am not really trolling for the brain dead it just happens:biggrin:

Sayeret Tzanhanim
March 20, 2006, 12:03
Praise the Lord!

owlcreekok
March 20, 2006, 12:44
Originally posted by Dean P

Jim FALunga

I am not really trolling for the brain dead it just happens:biggrin:

Don't sweat it, Dean. I hafta toss Hardheads and Black Drum ("Big Uglies") back into the surf all the time. Doo Doo occurs.

Falunga
March 20, 2006, 13:05
Well, the good lord did a good job last summer cleaning out the anus of that little creek that starts clean and clear up here in WI. Flushing out the end that little river with all the S's, P's, and I's in it.

A little more water down there and the land might be fit for well-behaved people to even live down there soon.

:-P

Jim :fal: FALunga

MarkBall
March 20, 2006, 16:37
Lived in the extreme southeast corner of Nebraska in 1993.........remember that year we had all the 'El Ninio' water?

Lived half way up a hill, still had water in the basement.

Where the road crossed into Missouri, the water was 12 miles across & 30 feet deep.

Was the worst job I ever held, got stuck in that redneck town for 2 weeks. In a white uniform no less.

:sad:

Scott S
March 20, 2006, 16:47
They don't call it Oak Cliff for nothin'--you oughta be OK, Dean. However I did hear that a gal got washed away at Turtle Creek and drown.

My wife had to drive to Dallas last night and she hit some really bad weather and traffic on I-35 just south of Hillsboro.

Dean P
March 21, 2006, 08:48
Scott S

They don't call it Oak Cliff for nothin'--you oughta be OK, Dean. However I did hear that a gal got washed away at Turtle Creek and drown.

My wife had to drive to Dallas last night and she hit some really bad weather and traffic on I-35 just south of Hillsboro.

Scott: That is the area I am refering to is Turtle Creek. The City of Dallas can deny all they want, but the underground resevoir being dumped in Turtle Creek without warning is the cause of the drownings. The grade changes quite a bit from Northwest Highway to Colepark, when the storm water runoff hits that area it is moving like a waterfall The roadway & bridge is to low for saftey, someone wants to maintain the picturesque views of a parklike setting while ignoring the danger above them. Can you believe it! Gay area or not. A wall of water without warning through a upscale business area.

Mebsuta
March 22, 2006, 06:54
Young lady who was killed there was graduate student from China, I believe. That area known as Oak Lawn. Oak Cliff is another story.