PDA

View Full Version : NODAK Spud Receivers

millersm99
March 14, 2006, 21:41
Just received my 2 NDS receivers today, one RPK (NDS 7) and one Yugo underfolder. I've seen a lot of AK type receivers, but these are by far the best! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks, Harlan.

Looking forward to seeing an AK 74 sidefolder receiver from you guys...:wink:

Harlan at NDS/DCI
March 15, 2006, 11:14
You are welcome. Thanks for the business.

Harlan

gunplumber
March 22, 2006, 11:04
The two Yugo m70s are now finished on NODAK SPUD receivers.

I was very impressed. Definitely the least amount of fitting of any receiver to date.

very slight tightening of the rails at the rear on one of them mandated a few file strokes, and on one the bolt carrier would sometimes bind slightly on the recoil spring guide when BC was all the way to rear.- something I havn't quite determined the cause of. Possibly the recoil spring guide oversize/out of round, possibly the receiver rails a hair too high in the rear. In either case, it took a few file strokes to fix it.

But then I figured the part looked a bit out of round, so I put it in the lathe to shave it back to round and the wire caught on something, jumped the chuck and became a twisted mess. Should have left well enough alone. Anyway, new one is enroute - will be able to tell whether its the spring guide or the rails or something else.

Finally, the top cover fit very snug. took a few file strokes on the front of the dustcover to avoid usint a mallet to seat the cover. This is fine and expected, unlike another (Arsenal) receiver I used that was too long and needed a tab welded.

Soon as i get some more play money, I'll be ordering more.

fry
March 22, 2006, 23:10
yea Harlan thanks for the m70 underfolder reciever, it totally kicks ass on the home made DELTTA recievers i usually have to work with.