PDA

View Full Version : Tantal length???

Sean
March 07, 2006, 00:59
Hello,

Does anyone have a Tantal that they can measure for me? I need to know the overall length with the stock in the folded position. I'm hoping that is 30.00+ inches. Thanks.

Sean

XHardrock
March 07, 2006, 06:45
Not assembled yet, but with the parts laid out I get 29.5".

Sean
March 07, 2006, 11:51
Damn! I need it to be 30+ inches for CA law. Looks like it is time for a custom muzzle device. Thanks for the help.

Sean

Sean
March 08, 2006, 02:48
Colchester,

That is one hell of an idea. I like it. That may be just what I need to remain compliant with the DOJ here. Thanks.

Respectfully,

Sean

XHardrock
March 08, 2006, 06:38
Hotbarrel over on the AK side makes muzzle devices, and has great reviews.

I am about to start building mine, and have not done the research, as for the best receiver and US parts.

rcnpthfndr
March 08, 2006, 18:51
from rear tang to front of brake is 30" , just measured mine

Adventurer_96
March 09, 2006, 03:34
hotbarrel's brake is quite nice, I ordered the brake and piston combo from him. Personally I'm using the Global Trades receiver for mine, along w/US H/T/D to get my parts count up. In addition to waiting for $$$ for assembly, I'm also waiting to figure out how to use the selector switch on the left side of the receiver while keeping it legal. There are a few interesting projects out there, I'm not sure which to use.

XHardrock
March 09, 2006, 06:46
Originally posted by rcnpthfndr
from rear tang to front of brake is 30" , just measured mine

I thought the parts were laid out properly.

Dry weather here, maybe mine shrunk!

rcnpthfndr
March 09, 2006, 07:29
about the switch on the right side talk to Eric or Matt from blackwell Ind. they were talking about making it a bolt hold open/release. dont know if they ever did but it was in discussuion one night over beers.

radkoch
March 09, 2006, 21:15
Xhardrock mine is a complete rifle and measures the same as your's 29.5". If you want this to be over 30" Would you have to silver solder an adapter or extension on it? I've seen the ones that adapt the 1x 14 to the 1x24? so you can use a AK 74 muzzle device on an AK47. This might be an option.

XHardrock
March 11, 2006, 11:19
I PM'ed Hotbarrel,

He may do another run of tantal muzzle devices after he has finished with the yugo's. I assume that run would depend on "supply and demand".
He has also made extended tantal brakes in the past, so that would not be a problem.

Hotbarrel,
If this is inaccurate, please let me know.

Radkoch,
I would opt for an extended brake, if available from Hotbarrel, and plan on
getting on his "intended list" for a standard length.
I was an aircraft structure mech. in a prior life, and miss it occasionally.
Alot of handy tools.