PDA

View Full Version : ORF AKM reinforce plate

WJ-Polish Guy
March 04, 2006, 21:57
I recently ordered some AKM reinforce plates of the Ohio Rapid Fire website. Those are the one that go under the pistol grip on AKMS and 74 sidefolders.

Plates are supposed to go under the trigger guard to be riveted together. Unfortunately some dumb ass bent tongue of the plate right thru the rivet hole making those unusable.
In addition plates are pictured gray parked on the website, but arrived in white.

I did some search on reinforce plates and sure enough people were complaning of that issiue yet people at ORF keep selling them to poor bastards like myself.
I`m kicking myself for not ordereing plates from Tantal, I choosed ORF for CC convinience. My bad.

I mailed good people ar ORF week ago, didn`t get any reply. Look like they do not care. I think I be calling my CC company.

People, do yourself a favor and search the popular kit builder websites before ordering stuff. It saves time and agrrivation.

millersm99
March 04, 2006, 22:20
Thanks, I was getting ready to order a couple of these myself.

They also were recently advertising RPK style receivers in Marketplace. I asked more than once who the manufacturer was, and they wouldn't answer my question. I found out later those receivers are Vulcan (Hesse?) whom I believe have a poor reputation.

Not impressive.

WJ-Polish Guy
March 04, 2006, 22:53
Originally posted by millersm99
Thanks, I was getting ready to order a couple of these myself.

Get pieces from Tantal website. Oryginals and alredy parked for the same price.

How someone can screw so simple parts is beyond me...

instr8
March 05, 2006, 01:22
What site are you calling the "tantal website"?

WJ-Polish Guy
March 05, 2006, 09:04
Originally posted by instr8
What site are you calling the "tantal website"?

Ask Tantal and Martin, never heard bout that? Man, I`m getting old I guess.....hehe

"Tantal" that is a gentelman in Texas, well known collector and expert on AKs in our hobby. He sells specilaised, high end parts for AKs.

instr8
March 05, 2006, 10:26
Got any contact info or website? I need some plates.

millersm99
March 05, 2006, 11:52
http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

A very informative site. Excellent detailed information.

Abominog
March 05, 2006, 13:34
Tantal's prices may be a bit higher than half-rate sources, but his stuff shows up as promised and as promised. You get what you pay for.

WJ-Polish Guy
March 05, 2006, 16:46
Originally posted by Abominog
Tantal's prices may be a bit higher than half-rate sources, but his stuff shows up as promised and as promised. You get what you pay for.

In the case of three plates I ordered difference would be three or four dollars on total, delivered. Nothing to talk about, specialy when his plates are parked and fits.

WJ-Polish Guy
March 08, 2006, 22:44
Originally posted by WJ-Polish Guy
....Unfortunately some dumb ass bent tongue of the plate right thru the rivet hole making those unusable.

Got sick day Tuesday and was able to call ORF. I`m the first one to complain on plates.
Apparently those are pot metal and can be banged into shape no problem.

Being Polish person have some dissadvantages, never occured to me that plates may be not treated and can be reshaped. But wait why I would made reinforcement from soft sheet metal that bends.... thinking:D

http://www.hunt101.com/img/385014.jpg

BTW Everybody was super nice to me so far, lets see how it play out....