PDA

View Full Version : Ironwood & Front Stock Ferrule Question.

MetalKnight
October 01, 2001, 07:39
Have an Ironwood set of stocks and purchased the Ferrule from Tapco. The ferrules do not fit (L1A1 type I guess). I need the ones that have a slight taper to them. Are these then called Belgium style? Or metric? DSA has the Belgium style listed but I want to make sure they will fit the Ironwood stocks. Where are you guys getting your ferrules for your Ironwood sets?

Thanks!

MK

idsubgun
October 01, 2001, 07:55
Mine came with the stock set, but I ordered it from DSA, some time ago. Call them and ask.

vmtz
October 01, 2001, 09:04
You have not said what type of lower you have. L1A1's do not use a ferrule. It is my understanding that there is no difference in metric ferrules. If it is a metric lower what does not fit? You may just have to sand the stock a small amount.

Vince

mp
October 01, 2001, 09:19
You got an Indian ferrulle and you need a metric ferrule. DSA and Gunthings both have them in the $10 range.

MetalKnight
October 02, 2001, 05:15
Yup, mine is metric, actually going on a couple Tapco G1's. The ferrules from Tapco are from the Indian inch pattern. I called DSA and they assure me that thier ferrules fit the Ironwood stocks (she even said that the wood sets from DSA were Ironwood Designs furniture sets). And they are new for only $5. Thanks for your replies, this has helped.

MK