PDA

View Full Version : Yugos and norinco barrels

Chrisam7
January 30, 2006, 01:18
Howdy , I heard that 19mm norinco barrels with a bushing would fit on yugo m-70 underfolders , is this true , and can anybody point me towards some if it is? Websites , phone numbers , ect , Jim and I got some kits, and the bores are so ,so, I thought if we can build em better go for it ! Also what all would have to be done to use the norinco barrels as I'm pretty new at this ? Thanks for your help !

Regal Beagal
January 30, 2006, 13:59
Chrisam 7,

Will the Romanian chrome lined barrels work? I've heard of a few people buying the new Romanian barrels to use as replacements for the M70. Of coarse, that's for the stamped variety. If you can use one they're a steal at $59-$69. Plenty of vendors are carrying them but like everything else there aren't any more being imported so you better get one now before supply and demand ratchet the prices up.

Chrisam7
January 30, 2006, 22:26
Hey thanks Regal Beagal , I'm on it , and I'll let you know how it turns out !

1MOR
February 08, 2006, 11:44
Chrisam7

Please let us know how you make out. I have an excellent Yugo fixed stock kit with a useless rusted out barrel.

1MOR

OODA_Loop
February 08, 2006, 11:54
I compared an AMD-63 kit (standard AKM barrel) and an M70AB2 kit and it appeared that the gas ports were in different locations; you might be able to put a Romy barrel in a Yugo trunnion, but would then have to use a Romy gas block, tube, etc.