PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi duck hunting site

thunderchicken
January 24, 2006, 23:11
A former iraqi colonel trying to start his own version of Ducks Unlimited.

http://www.arabhunter.com/about/index.htm

Fascinating stuff in my opinion and a nice reminder that the "enemy" isn't always so different from us.

55bird
January 25, 2006, 05:17
How is he an enemy?,He's not planting roadside bombs killing men,women,and children is he?Is he sending others to be suicide bombers?Giving RPG's to the resistance?No it seems he cares for his land and "nature" in general and has interest in preserving it.Compassion for most Arabs is due, but they refuse to be vocal about their radicals for supposed fear of retribution.Kind of like letting us pay and die for their freedom which sucks,for the alternative isn't acceptable.

the gman
January 25, 2006, 08:40
Just a quick point: dependent on the particular time in history we are talking about, the Iraqis have been both friends & enemies. Irrespective, I think the point thunderchicken was trying to make is that there are good people wherever you go, especially fellow hunters.

99% of my friends are hunters & shooters, why?? Because we share the same love for the outdoors, the thrill of the chase & the satisfaction of grilling your own meat that you worked for to bring to the table.

This gentleman is no different, is obviously very well educated & has taken a considerable amount of time to put together the web site that debunks most of the anti-hunting arguments in a very succinct & comprehensive manner. Kudos to him for doing so.:bigangel:

I wish him every success & hopefully when the insurgency is eventually crushed, there will be hunting opportunities in Iraq. I wouldn't hestitate to hunt there once it is returned to a semblance of normality, the ordinary Arabs I have met were extremely hospitable, friendly & very proud of their heritage.

Hmmm, more research required I think, wonder what big game they have......:D

zian
January 25, 2006, 10:16
Off topic, but is that a New Mexico plate I spy?
If it be so, what part?

Windustsearch
January 25, 2006, 14:33
I know a guy who used to live in Iran (Boeing), and regularly bowhunted Russian Boar. Iraq likely has them too.

Enquiring Minds
January 25, 2006, 16:56
He's a graduate of Sandhurst, Britain's West Point. (Or more accurately, given historical order, West Point is America's Sandhurst.)

But, he's got a Saddam-ite mustache, ergo, guilty... held without charge... NEXT! :wink:

the gman
January 26, 2006, 00:55
Originally posted by zian
Off topic, but is that a New Mexico plate I spy?
If it be so, what part?

Los Lunas mate, you in NM too??:D If so ya gotta meet the rest of the FAL maniacs who live here, make that bloke in Windustsearch's avatar look positively normal.....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

zian
January 26, 2006, 10:11
I be in Las Cruces. :D

Would like to meet some of the others, just that school started up again, between that and work, time is a wee bit scarce.

ggiilliiee
January 26, 2006, 15:17
i wonder what the "allah unlimited" ring will look like ...he he .... will anti aircraft guns be legal ????...i agree... most humans want the same things ...its just the politicians that are &%#$ed up

Enquiring Minds
January 26, 2006, 17:07
Originally posted by ggiilliiee
... i agree... most humans want the same things ...its just the politicians that are &%#$ed up

Many FALers, and the world in general, would be MUCH better off if they stopped buying into the agitprop from the elected liars.

ggiilliiee
January 26, 2006, 22:04
avoris and greed are gonna drive you over the endless sea
it will leave you drifting in the shallows
drowning in the ocean of history
traveling the world your in
our search is for good
but you found your soddom like i knew you would
using all the good people for your galley slaves
as your little boat struggles thru
the warning waves
////karl wallinger
tune always makes me think of our elected things...he he

FTW2012
January 26, 2006, 23:12
the other guy at the bottom of that webpage is a
"plastics artist" what kind of plastic does he work with?
C4?

calavera
January 30, 2006, 13:15
Originally posted by zian
I be in Las Cruces. :D

Would like to meet some of the others, just that school started up again, between that and work, time is a wee bit scarce.

Cool, another Las Crucen. Good to know it's not just me and RichM down here. Most of the NM FAL'ers are around the ABQ region but we don't hold that against them. :tongue:

rcnpthfndr
February 18, 2006, 20:22
there are very few "Iraqi" insurgents per say, the vast majority are from other countries coming to fight the "Great Satan". that being said, there are alot of Iraqi's that are very concerned for their country, history and rich culture and very often take a harsh stance towards the insurgents on their own.

Merl
February 18, 2006, 22:55
wonder if iraq will follow egypt's lead and ban bird hunting season this year now that bord flu is in the country. Could put a dent in this operation.

Silentbob343
February 23, 2006, 20:03
Originally posted by ggiilliiee
i wonder what the "allah unlimited" ring will look like ...he he .... will anti aircraft guns be legal ????...i agree... most humans want the same things ...its just the politicians that are &%#$ed up
too true