PDA

View Full Version : Best way to refinish my whole FAL

BushyAR15
September 29, 2001, 05:52
I have this parts FAL, it shoots really nice and all, but it is really ugly. I wanted to refinish to make it look nice and all match. How should I got about stripping it, etc etc. Or should I have some pro do it. Thanks!

Derby FALs
September 29, 2001, 09:06
I have a gunsmith in Louisville, Ky. that sandblasts them and parkerizes them for $60. Does a beautiful job. He has been building FALs for years and really knows them inside and out. He has a backlog so it might take a month to get it back but it is worth it.

I don't think he has email.
Danny's Gun Repair
502-583-7100

[ September 30, 2001: Message edited by: DerbyFALs ]

BushyAR15
September 29, 2001, 12:36
Could you give me is email? Also, is park the original finish on FAL's? Also, does he do barrel work like cut and weld on MB's? Thanks!

[ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: Bushy ]

Sailor553
September 29, 2001, 20:10
Bushy,
You might contact the Gunplumber at Arizonia Response Systems. He did a fantastic job on mine..not too mention the Metacol finish it has. Truely, a work of art!

Sophicles
September 30, 2001, 23:07
Bushy, ARS does top notch work. I can also personally recommend Double G. His tactical black finish is unmatched anywhere. He is one of the last hot blue artisans left. He is also very reasonable. ;)

stand watie
October 02, 2001, 13:14
if you, like me, are a little cheaper than Jack Benny, try (1200 degree) BBQ grill paint.
that's what i'm ending up re-finishing my G1 with! stuff is easy to put on, jet black, tough as rhino's hide, attractive and is relatively easy to remove to re-finish with paint stripper, though sandpaper doesn't seem to bother it!
total cost for the "el-cheapo" re-finish = $ 8.50!
for dixie,sw :D :D :D :D :D