PDA

View Full Version : Help ID plastic furniture

3shot burst
September 27, 2001, 12:41
I just recieved my metric kit and it came with brand new plastic furniture. I called the importer and they say that the kit was furnished from Brazile that way but they think it's US made parts. The Stock is pretty much a shell, with rubber pad and no hump. The finish is almost smooth with a definate mold line. The PG has a Circle with a C in the middle embossed near the retaining nut. Are these Centruy parts? If US these should make 3 of the 7 parts to replace. Any help?

FWRA
September 27, 2001, 14:30
Originally posted by 3shot burst:
<STRONG>I just recieved my metric kit and it came with brand new plastic furniture. I called the importer and they say that the kit was furnished from Brazile that way but they think it's US made parts. The Stock is pretty much a shell, with rubber pad and no hump. The finish is almost smooth with a definate mold line. The PG has a Circle with a C in the middle embossed near the retaining nut. Are these Centruy parts? If US these should make 3 of the 7 parts to replace. Any help?</STRONG>

Received what metric kit?? Imbel kit or??
Who is shipping metric kits with US parts?

Can you post pictures of these parts?

Mark

3shot burst
September 27, 2001, 15:08
Inter Ordnance out of NC is where I bought my kit, Grade 1 with plastic furniture.
After emailing Gunplummer he confirms the plastic is Century. This was Imbel kit all numbers matched. The kit had lots of cosmoline stuck in hard to get places. Barrel very nice and bright. Only complaint was lower reciever that may not have been prepped as well as rest of parts before bluing. Otherwise I have 3 US parts already.

FWRA
September 27, 2001, 21:02
Originally posted by 3shot burst:
<STRONG>Inter Ordnance out of NC is where I bought my kit, Grade 1 with plastic furniture.
After emailing Gunplummer he confirms the plastic is Century. This was Imbel kit all numbers matched. The kit had lots of cosmoline stuck in hard to get places. Barrel very nice and bright. Only complaint was lower reciever that may not have been prepped as well as rest of parts before bluing. Otherwise I have 3 US parts already.</STRONG>

Strange. (biting my lip here...)
Oh well, enjoy. :-)

Mark

3shot burst
September 28, 2001, 16:37
FWRA
don't sit back and bit your lip, tell me what you think. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I have tried to get straight talk from IO but the lady answering the phone is vauge at best. She states they came that way right from Brazil. Gunplummer thinks they bought the kits from CA and thats why the US plastic. This kit was advertized as factory reblue. GP says Imbel never blued anything. Some of the parts look as if they weren't dissasembled before rebluing, or put back together and now salts leaching from around pins. This shouldn't pose a problem after cleaned up. Barrell is really nice. Any ideas?

EMDII
September 28, 2001, 18:08
C is Century's mark, as is the StG-shaped non-hump buttstock. Definitely a Century PG, too.

A buttstock and PG make only two. You do not have three US-made parts.

Or are you counting the HG you haven't yet described?

3shot burst
October 01, 2001, 12:03
FWRA, EMDII
Guys I just got back home from business trip and could take the forearms apart to look at the markings. There is a small c embossed near the gas block area on the inside of the FA/HG. Also they use a brass screw and retaining nut to hold them together. Is it CAI?