PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys doing for R1 Buttpads?

FootLongCuban
September 25, 2001, 22:41
Hello friends, neighbors and freaks (you know who you are).

I am doing a survey. (not really) I would like to know what you folks (homeboyz, people, humanoid life forms) are using for replacement R1 butt pads. Is the STG pad the only option? Is anyone selling (have for sale, charging a hefty profit, ripping heads) a "very good+" condition R1 buttpad? DONT YOU THINK ITS ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN ALL CAPS? ...me too.

So, anyone feel like sharing some insight this evening? Hmmmm????

YES...its 11:52PM EST and im starting to see blurry little FAL rifles dancing across the screen. "Look at them dancing!"

big dee
September 25, 2001, 22:53
Gerald the Penquin has newly made pads for sale and they are real nice.
http://www.humpbackstock.bigstep.com/

MG-70
September 26, 2001, 09:15
FLC,
I'm gonna try my hand at reconditioning two of them...don't know the exact procedure, however...sanding and something else.

The StG pad will fit perfectly once material is taken off the inner (I believe upper -- can't remember) lip, however, it is quite slimmer at the top and sides if viewed from any angle other than sideview.

I'd appreciate tips on reconditioning the old rubber pads (grade of sandpaper, reconditioning of the rubber, etc.)-- it's an experiment, there's always the option of buying brand new Penguin pads!

Regards,
MG-70

PS. It is ANNOYING when people type in CAPS!

gcc
September 26, 2001, 10:30
Our pads are on sale: $19.99 plus $5 s/h or $15.99 each if you buy 3 or more, plus $5.

Gerald aka Penguin www.humpbackstock.com (http://www.humpbackstock.com)

milton
September 26, 2001, 14:46
Try the Imbel one. If I'm not mistaken, the two cut outs are larger on its pad, so it will fit without modification. I got rid of my long stock, so I can't double check myself. I do know that my R1 butt pad will not fit my Imbel stock without cutting on either the stock or pad. Good luck.

Newbie2FALs
September 26, 2001, 23:57
Originally posted by gcc:
<STRONG>Our pads are on sale: $19.99 plus $5 s/h or $15.99 each if you buy 3 or more, plus $5.

Gerald aka Penguin www.humpbackstock.com (http://www.humpbackstock.com)</STRONG>

WAS gonna buy three to start, woulda had SEVEN more to buy...BUT... if I paypal him it's GOTTA come from a BANK not my CC?
screw that! you can't wait a day for your cash? that just lost one buyer (with ten FALs,nine of which need buttpads)
sorry I just think it's shitty
:mad:

FWRA
September 27, 2001, 12:08
Originally posted by R1FAL:
<STRONG>

WAS gonna buy three to start, woulda had SEVEN more to buy...BUT... if I paypal him it's GOTTA come from a BANK not my CC?
screw that! you can't wait a day for your cash? that just lost one buyer (with ten FALs,nine of which need buttpads)
sorry I just think it's shitty
:mad:</STRONG>

Whew! Chill out guy. Me thinks you've been puttin' together too many FAL's lately and are suffering from the "mail order blues".

You could send him a Money Order... :-)

Remember, this FAL building and parts buying ain't heart surgery. No on dies if they have to wait a week or 10 days to get them. I'm impatient too but just remember, good stuff from good folks is worth the wait.

My .02

Regards,
Mark Powell
FWRA
Wish I had them in stock and you could make the trip again to my shop for all your goodies. ;-)

Derby FALs
September 28, 2001, 21:26
Hey R1FAL, Gerald is possibly like me and doesn't have the premier account. I can only accept $100 a month of CC on Paypal. Unlimited with the premier but they hit you for 3% fee on every transaction. As cheap as he is selling these, 3% can be quite a bit of the profit. And to top it off, Paypal is very anti-gun anyway. No use paying someone that won't let you set up shop through Paypal.

Update. Got my 3 pads today. Man was that fast. Thanks Gerald.

[ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: DerbyFALs ]

gcc
September 28, 2001, 23:54
That's right. I don't have a premier account and got the unexpected message from Paypal that I had hit the $100 limit.

Besides, you don't get the funds from Paypal any sooner if somebody pays with cash than with a credit card. I don't know where this guy gets his info from.

Gerald aka Penguin

"I'm not deaf. I'm just ignoring you."

[ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: gcc ]

Newbie2FALs
September 29, 2001, 09:13
Gerald, my fault I took it as something different,I'm not slamming you or your products.and No, I'm not intimately familiar
w/Paypal.

Mark, I'd like that too only one problem,I spend too much money when I see you at the shop :eek:

gcc
September 29, 2001, 11:06
Dan, no problemo. Have a nice weekend. :)

moparman
September 29, 2001, 11:41
Heck, I am only a small time occasional seller on eBay and yesterday I got the same message. I just said screw it, bit the bullet and signed up for the premier account. There isn't a monthly fee as far as I know and the difference in profit isn't that much. Sure makes it easy to get the folks that "WANT IT NOW!" when you accept PayPal.
JMO ICBW :)