PDA

View Full Version : Tech: A decent blueprint- Where?

mavis_1
January 09, 2006, 23:00
I have searched high and low and cant seem to find a decent blueprint. The only one I managed to find was on this site posted back in 2003. The print was questionable to say the least. In searching I noticed that there were alot of "I plan to put it in cad and give it to everyone" statements but no cad print to back it up. Maybe someone on here can tell me where im going wrong. I have a new casting and no good print to machine it by. I would hate to resort to buying a finished one just to reverse engineer the thing. Any leads would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Survey Punk
January 09, 2006, 23:57
Check "ACME". They have a little of everything.
And welcome to the addiction.:D

JB

homelandprotector
January 10, 2006, 01:10
Numrich has them >> http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=81

FTW2012
January 11, 2006, 04:14
try here:

http://secession.tripod.com/id3.html

BRM308
January 11, 2006, 11:35
The last I heard the was a someone doing an autocad version at www.roderuscustom.tao.com. It is a pay site, but well worth it in terms of the information. Other than that - There Are No Reliable FAL Prints!

See if someone will sell you their aluminum FAL reciever. These are extemely accurate providing it hasn't been built on and shot.

My advice is to use a Century reciver blank and save yourself a lot of tooling and fixturing.

gunplumber
January 12, 2006, 11:11
I have a good set of prints. But it cost me over $2000 to have them drawn and proofed.

I suppose I could sell you a copy for $2000, but methinks you want a freebe. In that case, the dubious ones floating around and used in my workbook will have to suffice.

BRM308
January 12, 2006, 13:54
Originally posted by gunplumber
I have a good set of prints. But it cost me over $2000 to have them drawn and proofed.

I suppose I could sell you a copy for $2000, but methinks you want a freebe. In that case, the dubious ones floating around and used in my workbook will have to suffice.

LOL! The notes I made took a header when a coolant line broke and cincool went everywhere.

My first fixture was a 9x6x6 machined angle plate. When I do my next one I'll make a dedicated alum. fixture with drill bushings.

gunplumber
January 12, 2006, 14:13
yeah - fixturing a FAL receiver can be anightmare - I measured a whole series of IMBELS when machining them from Type II to type I and they are significantly different lengths and wall heights. Best I can recommend is to make alll the measurements off the LS hole

VAFisher
February 20, 2006, 10:40
I sent you a PM with a copy of what I had. It was a full auto DWG.