PDA

View Full Version : Israeli HB parts???

Sean
September 25, 2001, 15:41
Hello,

I have a Tapco Izzy HB on order and would like to know a few things. I know about metric and inch FALs but I know very little about the Israeli FALs. They are metric right? They take metric mags, parts, etc..?

1: Are there any muzzle breaks, muzzle attachments, etc… for Izzy HBs yet? I know Enterprise Arms has some but are there any that “look” more authentic?

2: Will the FSE hammer, trigger, and sear set that Tapco has fit/work in an Izzy lower?

3: Does it take a normal metric pistol grip?

Basically, my plan is to add the following US parts to comply w/922r.

1: FSE metric hammer, trigger, sear.
2: FSE metric pistol grip.
3: DSA Israeli gas piston.
4: Enterprise Israeli match receiver.
5: US muzzle device from ???

Does this sound like a “sane” plan? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Respectfully,

Sean

mp
September 25, 2001, 16:12
Let's see if i can help_

1. You can have your original Izzy FH sleeved (sledgehammer for $25) and AZEX ARMS makes a copy in which the slots are not all the way through. Not sure of the price.
The brake you have seen from Entreprise is made by Smith Enterprises.

2. Yes. Original Isreali H,T,S are different but the FSE replacements are drop-in with no work and will work with the Izzy selector.

3. Yes.

I am building a LB with your same US parts recipe, minus the MB (which my LB never had). My HB will be next. I will use your recipe with a sleeved FH. I figure with the weight of an HB, a brake is not going to be too effective.

Batman
September 25, 2001, 22:06
Sean, do you have a lower? I have an Izzy complete lower available in very good condition.

Sean
September 26, 2001, 11:36
Hey Batman,

No lower yet but I'm looking. Email me offline and we can talk. A year ago I thought "I don't need a Izzy HB." Now... I think it'd be a cool addition. FALs are addicting!!!

Respectfully,

Sean

R4 fan
September 26, 2001, 12:06
I'm building a HB Izzy carbine, and here's the parts I'm going to use:

1. FSE metric hammer
2. FSE metric trigger
3. FSE metric sear
4. DSA or VOW metric pistol grip
5. DSA Israeli gas piston
6. DSA Type II receiver
7. US muzzle device/barrel weight

Now, if for some reason I don't want any muzzle attachment on my Izzy, what other US part can I replace? I don't want to swap out any magazine parts either. :confused:

milton
September 26, 2001, 13:58
R4 fan, it's my understanding that if you don't have a muzzle thingy, you only need 6 parts. Looks like you would be set with a plain muzzle.

R4 fan
September 26, 2001, 14:29
Oh, cool. The reason I wanted to know is that I might have my Izzy HB cut down to 18 inches and crowned, and have a lug installed on the bottom of the barrel like the G1 and Izzy lite barrels. Of course there are no slip-on muzzle attachments made for the heavy barrel, but it would look like there was. :D

Am I nuts or does that sound like a neat option (for cosmetic purposes only)? ;)

Mr pogo
September 26, 2001, 14:51
Originally posted by R4 fan:
<STRONG>Oh, cool. The reason I wanted to know is that I might have my Izzy HB cut down to 18 inches and crowned, and have a lug installed on the bottom of the barrel like the G1 and Izzy lite barrels. Of course there are no slip-on muzzle attachments made for the heavy barrel, but it would look like there was. :D

Am I nuts or does that sound like a neat option (for cosmetic purposes only)? ;)</STRONG>

Smith HB brake, enuff said ;)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=108685&a=6413701&p=30744077&Sequence=0&res=high

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Mr pogo ]

R4 fan
September 26, 2001, 15:22
Damn Pogo. Even though your pics didn't come up I know exactly what your talking about. I have al the pics you posted saved in my Photopint album. You're to blame for my Izzy addiction! :D

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=163363&a=9603777&p=32415317

R4 fan
September 26, 2001, 15:42
Here's what I was thinking though... ;)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=163363&a=9603777&p=54547308

L1A1 shooter 1
September 26, 2001, 20:48
R4 fan,what are u going to do about barrel threads on the izzy barrel & regular threads on the dsa reciever ??? ;)

R4 fan
September 26, 2001, 21:40
L1A1 shooter,
Oh that's easy. I took my Dremel and ground off all the threads on the receiver and barrel. I just have to go pick up some JB Weld and I'll be all set! :rolleyes:

moparman
September 26, 2001, 22:35
Oh no! You have to leave the upper half of the threads on one part and the lower half on the other part. The JB Weld will have something to bite on real good and will then work great! :D Otherwise, after 10 or 12 thousand rounds, the barrel might loosen up enough to throw the 1/4 MOA accuracy off a few percent. :rolleyes:
Right??