PDA

View Full Version : Argentine front sight

September 25, 2001, 15:11
What front sight fits the argentine barrels. I have a metric Argentine FAL barrel, with an open ear gas block. It's different than my DSA StG. Is it the Israeli sight and detent?

dandor
September 25, 2001, 15:24
I believe you are correct. Check with Brad at gunthings.com.

Tango 1Zero
September 25, 2001, 15:27
I Have an Argy setup myself took some time getting it zeroed in. Had to change my rear sight to an israeli. The gas blocks are different throws the sight plane off.
You can fit regular metric sight post to it they are a bit different but mine works.

vmtz
September 25, 2001, 17:07
Use Izzy site parts. STG will not work. The Argentine barrel is 3mm higher then the STG, so you will need to use an Izzy or inch rear site. The front site screws in and uses a different retaining spring. If I remember correctly DSA carries them.

Vince

September 25, 2001, 18:34
Thanks, That's what I suspected. I saw the listing for the Israeli sights on DSA and they looked like they would work from their description.

This FAL thing is freakin' addicting!

eodinert
September 26, 2001, 22:50
I just did the same thing with my Argy barreled R1.. Per Brad at gunthings, need the Israeli front sight. He didn't say anything about the rear sight, but I suppose I'll end up needing one of those, too.

My metric front sight screws in, but has no retention since the detent plate won't fit.

FALSTEN
September 27, 2001, 08:28
I believe that an inch pattern rear sight (Canadian, Brit, etc.) should also give the correct alignment between front and rear.

2 clicks low
September 27, 2001, 13:03
Will Argentine barrel closed ear (purchased from SARCO} work on a IMBAL kit? or do I have to swap rear sight to a IZZY. :)

vmtz
September 27, 2001, 15:20
Originally posted by 2 clicks low:
<STRONG>Will Argentine barrel closed ear (purchased from SARCO} work on a IMBAL kit? or do I have to swap rear sight to a IZZY. :)</STRONG>

The "closed ear" rear barrel uses "low" sites, I.E. STG's, R-1"s. Only the "open" ear uses high sites.

Vince

FALPhil
September 27, 2001, 15:50
Izzy light barrels had high sights and closed ears.

Originally posted by vmtz:
<STRONG>The "closed ear" rear barrel uses "low" sights, I.E. STG's, R-1"s. Only the "open" ear uses high sights.</STRONG>

Abominog
September 28, 2001, 12:00
I had the same dilemma.

I could not find Argie sights, so had to use Izzy.

Gunthings has Izzy front sights- note that they come in different hights, I can't say which you'll need. You will need a new springclip too.

You WILL also have to go with a higher rear sight; I think my whole rear sight assembly was $32 from Gunthings.