PDA

View Full Version : care and feeding, outdoor portable potties?

raeldridge
January 02, 2006, 17:04
hopefully this year we'll get our camper on the road, barring any more problems with gall bladders, military activations, family funerals, //insert more whiny stuff here//, etc.

Management and Daughter Prime pretty don't want much to do with the campground 'privys'.

I got a Thetford 135 on sale at the base, planning on using it for the number 1's, although I'm thinking I'll still send them off to the main facilities for the number 2's.

I know the instructions, but does anyone else have some good hints 'n kinks and realistic advice?

also, I'm thinking of getting one of the outdoor hunting blinds to use as the "shack out back". where I plan to be camping, I think something in RealTree or other cammie would be a nice touch for low profile visibility.

comments, guidance?

Da Nerd
January 02, 2006, 18:00
If you look around you can find a "hunting blind" type tall tent that doubles as a toilet and a portable shower. They are made just for that purpose.
Might want to check into one of those.

owlcreekok
January 03, 2006, 11:46
Use the Thetford toilet tissue. It completely disappears. It is NOT fun to have a bunch of paper in one when dump time comes. Trust me on that. I have the same unit. When you clean it all up after a trip, ( I use Clorox, of course) lube the rubber seals. I use vaseline. Got that tip from a gent at a campground. He said they will "take a set" if ya don't and be prone to leaks.

Oh yeah, The "Members Mark" toilet tissue from Sam's Club ALMOST dissolves as well as the Thetford (or other camp potty type tissue). # 1 Son did a science project a couple years ago on various kinds of household tissues and their dissolving properties.

Da Nerd
January 03, 2006, 12:04
Originally posted by owlcreekok
# 1 Son did a science project a couple years ago on various kinds of household tissues and their dissolving properties.

Now there is a budding scientist.. Term paper on toilet tissue...:rofl: :bow:

Windustsearch
January 03, 2006, 12:07
Your porta-downloader will remain healthy on a diet of no less than one eye-wateringly huge turd per day. Do not over-feed it, or let it become over-heated.

Bwana John
January 03, 2006, 23:38
or let it become over-heated
If it does get overheated, and is not sitting flat, and is kind of bulged, DO NOT look in to see whats wrong, and flush at the same time!