PDA

View Full Version : DSA's receiver wrench

Brian in MN
March 24, 2002, 10:04
Anyone have any comments on the receiver wrench sold by DSA?

hgr2
March 24, 2002, 10:23
Mine works fine, I didn't care for the torch cut id but w/some polishing it works great. I wish I would ordered the Elliott wrench when I got his barrel vice. That vice is really somthing.

Templator
March 24, 2002, 15:24
I've got an AGI receiver wrench from DSA. It's a decent piece of work,... and if Casey Elliot wasn't making them also, I recommend one. But Casey is the man to see for a receiver wrench. Buy one of his. Get one of his barrel vises also. He designed it to work specifically on FALs with. It's a unique, extremely well built item that's worth more than the $110 that he charges for it.

Both of these items are in big demand and if you should ever decide to sell them, I'm sure that somebody would grab them up seconds after they appear on "marketplace".

My suggestion,... buy Caseys wrench,.. buy his FAL barrel vise,... build as many FALs as you want,.. then sell them and regain 85% of your money.

Snakeshot
March 24, 2002, 15:42
I have the DSA/AGI wrench and it works fine, but I'd rather have the Casey Elliott.

Brian in MN
March 24, 2002, 19:56
Thanks, guys. Elliot it is.

orca
March 24, 2002, 20:28
Hi Brian......Before I moved, I built one out of rock maple......worked great on four FAL's. Somehow I lost it during the move. Yesterday decided to try oak. Bought a piece of vertical grain oak from Home Depot for $3.18....used one of those scribe-doo dads (ones with all the little rods that you press against something to get the shape).

transfered it two the oak, jig-sawed it out, trial fit/file, trial fit/file.....

In about thirty minutes I was correcting an overtimed barrel....works great, doesn't mar the receiver.

try it, doesn't have to be perfect.

As soon as I get some pic's I'll post them.

orca from Idaho

March 25, 2002, 10:29
Originally posted by NOCOMPROMISE:
<STRONG>Is a factory reciever wrench approved WECSOG equipment? :D</STRONG>

Grounds for immediate expulsion ;) How about some pictures so it can be "studied".

colt88
March 27, 2002, 00:49
Where do you get the scribe/do-dad? :rolleyes: