PDA

View Full Version : Bayonets: Pix of TYPE A, EX FAL bayonet.

mojo_matic
December 23, 2005, 15:29
Here on some pix of a Belgian experimental bayonet that I recently picked up off of Ebay. It was shipped from the UK, and appears to be in unissued condition!

mojo_matic
December 23, 2005, 15:30

mojo_matic
December 23, 2005, 15:31

mojo_matic
December 23, 2005, 15:32

mojo_matic
December 23, 2005, 15:33
./..

EMDII
January 02, 2006, 08:41
Awesome pics!

renaissance_warrior
January 02, 2006, 21:35
That's a beauty! She'll be gorgeous with the cosmo off it appears. Are you going to research the markings? Might be very interesting what you find. I'd be interested in reading about it. Nice score!

Mark :beer:

FTW2012
January 03, 2006, 05:29
ebay let someone sell something sharp ?
let alone engage in trans continential shipping ?
they must have missed that one.
nice score!

mojo_matic
January 03, 2006, 08:29
Ebay is an EXCELLENT place to seek out bayonets and other collectable knives, as well as M1 Garand and Carbine parts. No kidding. :rolleyes: Miss the days when you could bid on and sell the evil "black rifles" parts...too much fun!

The kicker is that I had the opportunity to buy two more of the same bayonet. I was in Iraq when I bid on this one, and did not have the opportunity to inspect it upon arrival (my wife received it). The seller stated that the baonet had "X2 E1" prefix after winning the auction. The Ebay pix did not depict the serial number, therefor I was hesitant because I understand that there are some forgeries out there. I could have purchased the other two for the same price...but decided to hold off. Well, I'm pleased that the bayonet is indeed a rare trials bayonet, and in such incredible condition! The bummer is that the other two blades have already been purchased by a collector in the UK (where this example came from).

Information about the bayonet is very thin, or I'm just not looking in the right place? Only physical example I found on FALfiles is in fair condition. I did find one example for sale online, in "good" condition, and the asking price was close to $300! Upon inspection of pix, the scabbard lacked the "X1 E1" markings. :uhoh:

Also found two standard export type A bayonet sold as "experimental trials." Buyer beware.

Mark, this example is staying in the orginal cosmoline! ;) :beer:

W.E.G.
January 03, 2006, 09:46
There has to be thousands of those languishing in a box somewhere.

Waiting....

mojo_matic
January 03, 2006, 10:31
...or used, abused, and melted down to make SLR bayonets and muzzle devices. :(

Would love to think that there is a stash of Type B's somewhere, along with some long export FN49 bayonets.