View Full Version : Range day with another issue...

September 04, 2001, 13:07
Took my G1 built on a Hesse Stainless receiver with Century HTS parts to the range today. The tiny bit of filing I did on the hammer solved the issue of it following the bolt forward. Now I have a new problem that I can't figure out. Every time I fire with a magazine in the rifle, there is a problem with the bolt and carrier traveling forward back into battery. If I chamber a round and remove the magazine, it functions properly. This happened with 7 different magazines...and strangely a friend of mine with an STG58 kit on an Imbel receiver is having the SAME problem! Is this just worn recoil springs? Any input appreciated.

September 04, 2001, 16:43
* BUMP *

September 04, 2001, 20:54
Originally posted by Biskit1:
<STRONG>...there is a problem with the bolt and carrier traveling forward back into battery...</STRONG>

Could you be a little more specific as to the nature of the "problem?"

September 04, 2001, 20:57
Every time I fire with a magazine inserted, the bolt and bolt carrier do not travel ALL the way forward...there's about a 1/4" gap. If I remove the magazine and fire a round, there is no problem with the travel. It's like the drag from the magazine is causing the bolt to not push forward all the way.

September 05, 2001, 08:12
Perhaps a new set of recoil springs would help? Tapco had them recently......

September 05, 2001, 08:32
Thanks, Willard. I guessed that was it and replaced them last night, so I guess I will HAVE to go to the range again today! :-) Ain't it tough!

May 11, 2002, 19:05

Did the new recoil spring solve the problem? My rifle is having the same problem.

May 11, 2002, 19:22
yep, sure did!