PDA

View Full Version : Range day with another issue...

Biskit1
September 04, 2001, 13:07
Took my G1 built on a Hesse Stainless receiver with Century HTS parts to the range today. The tiny bit of filing I did on the hammer solved the issue of it following the bolt forward. Now I have a new problem that I can't figure out. Every time I fire with a magazine in the rifle, there is a problem with the bolt and carrier traveling forward back into battery. If I chamber a round and remove the magazine, it functions properly. This happened with 7 different magazines...and strangely a friend of mine with an STG58 kit on an Imbel receiver is having the SAME problem! Is this just worn recoil springs? Any input appreciated.

TIA,
Tom

Biskit1
September 04, 2001, 16:43
* BUMP *

W.E.G.
September 04, 2001, 20:54
Originally posted by Biskit1:
<STRONG>...there is a problem with the bolt and carrier traveling forward back into battery...</STRONG>

Could you be a little more specific as to the nature of the "problem?"

Biskit1
September 04, 2001, 20:57
Every time I fire with a magazine inserted, the bolt and bolt carrier do not travel ALL the way forward...there's about a 1/4" gap. If I remove the magazine and fire a round, there is no problem with the travel. It's like the drag from the magazine is causing the bolt to not push forward all the way.

Tom

Willard
September 05, 2001, 08:12
Perhaps a new set of recoil springs would help? Tapco had them recently......

Biskit1
September 05, 2001, 08:32
Thanks, Willard. I guessed that was it and replaced them last night, so I guess I will HAVE to go to the range again today! :-) Ain't it tough!

Apache7
May 11, 2002, 19:05
Biskit1,

Did the new recoil spring solve the problem? My rifle is having the same problem.

Biskit1
May 11, 2002, 19:22
yep, sure did!