PDA

View Full Version : Underfolder question

Dougw4
December 10, 2005, 18:34
Anyway to take the slop out of the stock when it's in the open postion it's on A yugo m70

tom1263
December 11, 2005, 15:06
What kind of SLOP?? Side to side , up and down, or just overall loose crap?
First thing you can do is tighten the round nut as that will clean it up alot. Did you build it or was it a complete rifle?

Send some answers and I'll help ya!

Tom

mj2evans
December 11, 2005, 15:10
I'd like to hear advice on this one as I have a Yugo M70 underfold it on the way. I don't expect it to be "new in wrapper" (is a $97 special from Bocefus).

tom1263
December 11, 2005, 16:18
Anything from Bocefus is great stuff. Just tighten the nut before you pin it and you should be fine.

Dougw4
December 11, 2005, 17:40
The rifle is from AK concepts,Im really impressed with the rifle overall the finish is about 99.8% perfect the bore looks new all matching no. nights sights are still bright. only a couple of cosmetic issues but I am probably being to picky which I tend to be about my guns. The main issue is the stock moves up and down when locked Its hard to say how much maybe a 1/4 inch or so but Its noticable. It has a lifetime warrenty but I dont know if that would be covered.Just picked it up on friday so I havent had time to call. Thought I would check around to see if its something i could fix. I have two other underfolders from vector that lock solid and one junk kit that locks tighter than the yugo. Could you go into a little more detail how to tighten it up. Thanks, Doug

Jon Frum
December 11, 2005, 19:20
good luck

tom1263
December 11, 2005, 19:28
There should be 2 holes in the bottom of the reciever under the pistol grip. Those are for using a puch to remove the first of 3 pins to dismantle the stock. If the 2 holes aren't there, they must be drilled with about an 1/8" hole. If your holding the reciever upside down, the hole closest to the actual left side of the reciever is where the pin needs to be accessed to tighten this up. With a small punch, drive the pin up towards top of reciever. This shuld allow the internals to slide partially out the left of reciever. I can't remember if the 2nd pin must be pushed as well. Some recievers do not have all 3 pins installed. You need to make sure they put all 3 pins in the folder assy. as I'm sure this will help as well. Anyway, when you slide the internals out the left side you will see a threaded ring (for lack of a better term) This is tightend on the main assy. that runs through the reciever from side to side. The actual buttstock uses this as the pivot peice. If this ring is not tightened enough, the stock will be pretty sloppy. If you tighten this ring, reinstall the pins in the correct way, this should clean it up. The only resonI can think that the stock will still move up and down 1/4" would be that the reciever holes (2 small one each side) are drilled too large and the entire locking pieces are free to move.

I am not a gunsmith but I am pretty handy. Hope this helps. Try and search this site and AK-47.net for a schematic of the rear folding stock assy. as it help locate the parts in the correct position.

Dougw4
December 11, 2005, 21:12
Guys, thanks for the replies I dont think I would have figured that one out on my own. I think I'll practice on the parts kit before I tackle the pretty one Its almost to pretty to shoot.....Well almost. Thanks again,