PDA

View Full Version : Barrel ID question...

ouchie
September 21, 2005, 21:49
Hello all.
Have a newbie question for the forum
I recently purchased a barrel that I was told was an IMBEL (I should say he thought it was an IMBEL)

It turns out it might be SA which is okay by me.....but it got me to wonderin' so thought I'd see if anyone here knows....

Here are the stamps going from flats to muzzle:

Barrel flat- P

Barrel just forward of flats - 7.62mm - L and serial #

Just before gas port - EN-14-50 then a small rectangle with 73 inside it then another rectangle with 77 inside it.

Muzzle end has a 45 degree crown (it apprears to me anyway) and measures 20 5/8" from muzzle to end of chamber. Muzzle is unthreaded.

Any help satisfying my curiosity is immensely appreciated!

Gunga Din
September 22, 2005, 14:07
Ouchie - A whole lot more people will see this question if you post it in the General Firearms Discussion. There is not all that much traffic in this forum.

Gunga

ouchie
September 22, 2005, 20:17
I searched the forums before reposting it and glad I did...I found some helpful threads....
Not sure how I searched the first time but I didn't come up with anything then.....

I'll leave the post here to limit my shame:biggrin:

Gunga Din
September 22, 2005, 20:52
.....Or you could do a real cover job, and just delete it.   :D

ouchie
September 23, 2005, 08:44
heh heh heh...that would be sneaky! :cool:

Trip
September 27, 2005, 22:18
Hey ouchie, I have the same markings on my barrel. Do you know if it is an Inch or Metric barrel? I have just recently purchased this rifle and I am just trying to get all the info on it in order to find the right replacement parts. Thanks.

shootist87122
September 27, 2005, 22:47
Yep, it's S.A.

The P on the flats denotes it was made/proof tested in Pretoria, SA. Other markings are also standard SA.

SWAG is the barrel was chopped to remove the threads.