PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Anyone in Washington State; regarding Stampede Pass, Lester

KingofDiamonds
July 08, 2005, 09:37
I was in Bellevue, Washington a few weeks ago to visit with a relative who lives there. On my final day we drove to a place off of I-90 known as Stampede Pass and the road comes to a location where no vehicles are permitted past that point. There are two homes at this location and I'm trying to find out if this is the old community of Lester.

That sure is some beautiful country; the next time I visit I'll have to take my camping equipment.

Bearwhositshere
July 08, 2005, 10:41
Yes, Washington has many Beautiful locations, Stampede being one of them. We are lucky to have easy access to ocean front and Mountain ranges. The only down side to Washington is the Political climate.

Albin
August 17, 2006, 16:40
Originally posted by KingofDiamonds
I was in Bellevue, Washington a few weeks ago to visit with a relative who lives there. On my final day we drove to a place off of I-90 known as Stampede Pass and the road comes to a location where no vehicles are permitted past that point. There are two homes at this location and I'm trying to find out if this is the old community of Lester.

That sure is some beautiful country; the next time I visit I'll have to take my camping equipment.

Been there many times when I lived in Seattle. Yes, it's Lester and you came to entrance to the Watershed, hence the no entrance signs.

Haven't been there for +16 years. Don't miss the Seattle traffic, cost of living or the politics; but I sure miss the mountains, four wheeling and Boeing Surplus.

Al