PDA

View Full Version : Everthing in Texas is Good..

tiredoldlion
June 27, 2005, 14:04
Read this.............http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/articles/2005/05/11/news/news3.txt

Wish I had access to all them lands where them Hog's are at.....

Any Texas Folks with "No Pay Land with Hog's you want Killed out ,,email me..
Am retired so I am available 24/7/365. got plenty of Guns and Ammo..........

Stranger
June 27, 2005, 14:19
"Texas' federal hog population is nation's 2nd largest"

Damn, those "federal" hogs are mean bastards. Look out! They will tax you before you can say oink.

LOL! They do use the correct term (feral) later in the article. Some editors don't have a clue.

'TUDE
June 27, 2005, 16:38
Well, I can say that my freezer stays at least half full at all times with hog meat. No good reason for anybody to starve in Texas, that's for sure.

Secondly, there are plenty of places to hunt for hog on public lands without having to pay high fees such on private ranches. The Caddo National Grasslands bordering my property is a great example of that. Full of deer, turkey, and hog. On any given morning at first light, an average Joe can count at least 15-20 hog in the bar ditches along some of the rural roads around my place. The problem here is, hunters go to two extremes in hunting them. There are those who want to bag the biggest, baddest hog out there and only shoot the big ones. The other group of folks are meat hunters who pick out the small/young/tender piglets. Now that leaves the majority of the population alive and well.

And yes, they tear up more in one night that you'd expect. I stopped planting winter rye for that very reason.

'TUDE
June 27, 2005, 16:41
Tell ya what, since I have to start my day at 5 AM in the morning, I'll snatch the camera and see if I can't snap some pics of these critters. I'd shoot another if it weren't for the freezer already being full as well as neighbors and other family.

1stSSPZ
June 27, 2005, 19:29
Is that the first news article you have ever seen with what could be construed as making a "good" casr for hunting with an assault weapon? Or even ANY positive type of comment concerning an EBR? Thats my hometown paper for ya!

Nachoman
June 27, 2005, 22:26
Everything is great in Texas, unless you lose your AC in the summer.

tiredoldlion
June 28, 2005, 05:21
.....Checked Caddo its closed until Nov. 6 for Hog Hunting.....

M2A2
June 29, 2005, 15:27
Ummmmm... Bill's fromTexas...Sorry!

Para Driver
June 29, 2005, 15:48
the big ones are kind of tough.... shoot a little one, and get yourself some of Rudy's 'sissy sauce"..