PDA

View Full Version : Spider rigging for Bass...fill me in.

'TUDE
April 23, 2005, 20:20
Okay Cummins 4x4, give me the scoop on the newest sensation concerning spider rigging.

Anybody else do this?

What's the observations so far with this rig?

Cummins_4x4
April 23, 2005, 22:29
Jeff this is for crappies! I've given up on the green carp for awhile. Just incidental by catch for me now. Here's the skinny on spider rigging:
http://www.crappie.com/articles/spider.htm My boat is almost ready now.

tigerfans2
April 23, 2005, 23:01
never heard of spider rigging for bass but........ school bass in some circumstances might......

if'n I was a okie at this time of year, I'd be usin a 12' rod 'n a blue 'n white boddied crappie jig fished shallow............ dabblin the rip- rap and weeds

'TUDE
April 23, 2005, 23:29
Hells bells, I've used and still have spiders for crappie but I thought I heard them mentioned as a new type of bait for bass. Ugh.

Guess I'll have to pull them out and give them a try again. I've gotten so use to tube jigs and baby assassins, that I don't use much else and I have tons of jigs that are never used.

tigerfans2
April 24, 2005, 17:59
Are we talking "spider rigging" like cummins' example or something else? Spider rigging with multiple rods isn't too easy here in kansas, you're limited to 2 rods per fisherman.

masman
April 24, 2005, 19:45
Originally posted by tigerfans2
Are we talking "spider rigging" like cummins' example or something else? Spider rigging with multiple rods isn't too easy here in kansas, you're limited to 2 rods per fisherman.

same here in vermont.

'TUDE
April 24, 2005, 20:35
Maybe I should have clicked the link above and got ejicated first.

Heck, I've been spider riggin for years anyway. The only thing that stops me is the number of holders on my current boat. What I usually do now is drop 5-6 rods off one side and let the wind drift me which also allows me to use my underwater light hanging from the other side when fishing at night.

Since I just got two more trolling batteries, I may have to sneak out on the lake again this week and try.

Note: The gel batteries that are used on handicap scooters last WAYYY longer than conventional trolling batteries. I swapped out two for a customer that were good yet he wanted new ones before he wintered in Canada.

Cummins_4x4
April 24, 2005, 20:58
Faltitude you've found the thing I've been looking for used handicap scooter batteries. Local shop closed up here. I've got new Interstate 27DT batteries but know about the scooter batteries from a night fishing friend. I'm a buyer if you run across more of them. I use 9,10 and 12 ft rods for the slow trolling. I'll take a pic of the boat when I get it done.
tigerfan and masman Texas has no regs on the amount of rods you can fish with. But we are limited to 100 hooks total in the water at one time including trotlines. So you can't have a 100 hook trotline and fish with rod and reel legaly at the same time. If the fish are biting well 3 rods are way more than enough.

'TUDE
April 24, 2005, 21:06
I gotcha covered on the batteries. I'm heading to the shop in the morning and will see what we have sitting around. We just scrapped out over 30 scooters and I pulled all the batteries beforehand that I thought were good. It's been 3-4 weeks since I've been in there but I'll bet there are some still there. If not, I have a spare that I will put on a charger here at the house and see how it takes. it should be fine and is less than a year old and has maybe 10 hours on it.