PDA

View Full Version : Could ya spare a minnow fella?

'TUDE
April 09, 2005, 21:59
Or maybe a worm. Got any Canadian Night Crawlers? Whatcha got in that livewell fella? Come on guy, give a coon a break.

Jerry, you know where this pic come from, eh?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TTU_fisherman/coononpole.jpg

W.E.G.
April 09, 2005, 22:16
Awwwwwwwwww!

Bruce Allen
April 10, 2005, 18:12
He's probably thinking:
If I was bigger, I would take that pole away from you and...............

zack taylor
April 12, 2005, 00:55
That picture brings back some bad memories.

Over a decade ago, I was stationed at Ft. Polk, and lived in Newton, TX. A couple of buddies and I went fishing in the Cow Creek, near Jasper. A rather frail 'coon came up and started messing with one of our rods.

'Coons aren't supposed to be out during the day. I shot her twice with a .357 mag. Kicked her out further in the water and watched her float away.

It was a couple of hours later, when we heard her four little kittens crying for her.

I felt like shit for days.

Like a dumbshit, I tried to nurse the little ones, but they all died within three weeks. Everytime I hear a kitten meew, I shed a tear.

Zack

Muggzy
April 12, 2005, 08:06
That's a great picture....man...how could you blast that critter?

Like Jeter said "Awwwwwwwww"

One of Gods creatures that probably fishes better than some of the fishermen I know:rofl:

Stranger
April 12, 2005, 13:31
Besides being cute and intelligent they are damn clean little critters too. I saw one wash his supper for the better part of five minutes.

J308
April 12, 2005, 14:04
We were just sitting down for thanksgiving dinner years ago when someone started knocking on the back door. It was obviously a human knocking so one of us went to the door to let whoever it was in. S'prise, it was a big healthy raccoon standing there on the back porch, who just wanted in on the party. Someone made him a little plate of dinner, with all the trimmings, and a civilized finger-washing bowl as well. Of course he used it. Prolly a cleaner eater than us kids. He sat down, ate up with the rest of us, and waddled off the porch into the night. I swear he waved at us before he left... I've always liked raccoons.

Rivaltm
April 12, 2005, 18:21
we had one get brave and get in the house one time

unfortunately, this one was a bit agressive and killed some neighborhood cats, so he didn't make it back out of the house when he got it.

speaking of brave wild life, had a possum stuck in a dog pen not long ago. got in the one way dog door and couldn't get out. Those things are tough! 3 .22 shots didn't kill it. damned thing ran a lap around the pen bleeding before i finally put it out of it's misery.

Bruce Allen
April 12, 2005, 18:24
Originally posted by Stranger
Besides being cute and intelligent they are damn clean little critters too. I saw one wash his supper for the better part of five minutes.
They are not born with salivary glands, and have to moisten all their food with water in order to eat and swallow.
Who says public education is a waste!!

Stranger
April 13, 2005, 13:50
Originally posted by Bruce Allen

They are not born with salivary glands, and have to moisten all their food with water in order to eat and swallow.
Who says public education is a waste!!

I learn something new here everyday. Thank you , Bruce.

Scott V2
April 17, 2005, 13:04
Brings back good memories of being a kid on a farm.

I had a coon named 'Bandit' who later was called "frito-bandito" because of his love of corn chips. I swear he thought he was human after a while.

owlcreekok
April 18, 2005, 14:49
I know I am gonna feel real stoopid, Jeff. I just found this one too, and can't for the life of me guess where that pic is. Water is too clear to be Owl Creek or Buck Creek. NOT Stonewall lake cuz when my Uncle died, the guy who bought the place closed it off to public. If you say that is Fubar, I wanna know how you got in there!

:redface:

:wink:

'TUDE
April 18, 2005, 18:54
Nah, twas taken at some Texas lake around the DFW area, I think Roberts or Hubbard.
As far as FUBAR goes, you will not believe how often I think of that place. I'm not sure if I mentioned it to you before or not but when I found out it was closed off years back, I asked if I could still go down to take a look at it and the owner's wife said it was okay but the bridge was insafe. Still breaks my heart that it is closed. Can't tell ya how many Creme Jelly worms and Hart spinnerbaits I lost in that body of water but I do remember many bass and frying size perch graced my stringer from there.

owlcreekok
April 18, 2005, 20:34
There's a few of my H&H spinners and Little Cleo spoons in there too!