PDA

View Full Version : the hunting trip

jaykden
March 09, 2005, 01:32
every year we jump in the boat and head north for a week to deer and duck hunt. we really don't need to go every year because we get the majority of your deer when we go on day hunts but as you all know, you just can't beat deer camp. heres a pic of a good trip a year or so ago. i shot most of these whith my tricked out varmint AR-15, and a couple with my Imbel. i was the "shooter" while beach hunting because my rifle shot the best. the buck on the left was shot at 350 yrds, he was walking up toward the timber and stopped to look back and see what was going on.

jaykden
March 09, 2005, 01:39
here we are breaking ice on the way back to the cabin after shooting those 2 bucks, while i was on the beach shooting, the tide went out so my dad had to come in at a different area, but the beach was so flat that he couldn't get very close. i ended up wading out to the boat up to my crotch, breaking ice with my fist the whole way, that gave me a whole new meaning of cold; i'm really glad i was wearing my woolies or it woulda been a lot worse. the 2 bucks made it worth it though :D

sportsnut
March 09, 2005, 02:54
Nice pictures. Is this in Alaska? Man someday i gotta make it there.

jaykden
March 09, 2005, 12:15
yeah, southeast AK, we have small sitka blacktail deer, but we can shoot 6 a year (4 state, 2 federal subsistence) then theres the bear hunting, but thats another story.