PDA

View Full Version : Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods Group Buy

Broadsword
February 03, 2005, 10:09
We are organizing a group buy for Mountain House foods. We did a group buy with them several months ago and it was a huge success, sales in excess of 12K!! Mountain House has offered us incredible prices on both their pouches and #10 cans. Anybody concerned with our credibility, we can put you in touch with some of the members of the last group buy. Anybody interested in getting involved can email us at broadsword22@aaahawk.com
Broadsword

builder77
February 03, 2005, 10:37
I might be interested in joining in on this depending on pricing.

mPisi
February 03, 2005, 11:00
I was part of the last group buy and it went very smoothly. Items were shipped directly from Mountain House. Delivered prices were much better than in stores.

Sean
February 03, 2005, 12:14
Hello being a newbie in regards to these, how do they compare with MREs in price, quality, taste, shelf life, etc...

I want to put together an emergency kit for myself and my wife since we live in earthquake country. Thanks.

Respectfully,

Sean

JPW01
February 03, 2005, 13:13
I'd be interested in this, I'll round up my hunting buddies and have them order through me as well.

Mountain House weighs a lot less than the MRE's, I found that they pack a lot lighter than the MRE's. I typically can go on a 3 day bivy hunt with a 2200 cu in pack ONLY if I pack freeze dried meals.

Mountain House probably tastes the best, I've tried a lot of them out there. Portions are small, so I order the "serves 2" packages.

The only thing you have to be concerned about is water. At elevation, it is difficult to find enough water to rehydrate a lot of mt. houses and have some to drink. MRE's are already hydrated, so your water needs aren't as crucial.

Joe

Farmer from Hell
February 03, 2005, 13:22
If I done more backpacking Id be all over this. I like Mountain house because all you have to do is boil some water and dump it in the pouch it comes in then seal it up and let it sit for a couple minutes. Other kinds have a seprate pouch etc and that makes for more mess to deal with. With the Mountain House meals you just eat out of what it comes in. They're kind of tasty to.

FfH

FortunateSon
February 03, 2005, 15:58
I'm interested.

uivandal
February 03, 2005, 19:41
I'm interested also ... depending on price, of course.

Rob in Colorado Springs

J-Man
February 03, 2005, 20:19
Hmm.... interested.

Broadsword
February 03, 2005, 20:23
We're not going to be running this buy out of here. It looks like with you guys we have close to fifty people getting in so far. It's going to be a huge buy. Last time we did this we sent a combined order of close to 12K in to Mountain House this one is going to be even bigger I think.
Those of you who want in and haven't emailed me direct at broadsword22@aaahawk.com please do so asap so we can get you on the list.
We have our wholesale price spreadsheets now and will start sending them out to the email addy's we currently have. When we send the spreadsheets out we'll also include information on where you can go for information, updates etc.
Thanks,
Broadsword

carguym14
February 03, 2005, 20:30
Originally posted by Sean
Hello being a newbie in regards to these, how do they compare with MREs in price, quality, taste, shelf life, etc...

I want to put together an emergency kit for myself and my wife since we live in earthquake country. Thanks.

Respectfully,

Sean

Sean,check out www.mountainhouse.com.They give a lot of product info.,including shelf life.

I have mre's and mountain house.I like them both.Both have pro's and con's and it's nice to have a variety.Like JPW01 said,you need water for mountain house,but you should have water stored anyhow:wink: .

I was in on the last Mountain House group buy.Broadsword (and Mrs. Broadsword:wink: ) were great.They did a super job with everthing.I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them.

Oh yeah,count me in.

cabofdoom
February 04, 2005, 00:09
Email sent

COD

BroncoMafia
February 04, 2005, 01:41
email sent

eoR
February 04, 2005, 09:14
Email sent.

cabofdoom
February 04, 2005, 20:01
Might be silly questions, but I was just cuious if the price offered is the the wholesale or cheaper and if we need to buy case lots or can we order by the piece

Thanks in advance
COD

Gunga Din
February 04, 2005, 20:24
Email sent.

Broadsword
February 04, 2005, 22:43
Hi this is Dijon (Mrs. Broadsword)

I wanted to make sure that everyone here - that has sent me your email address - has received the letter with info on price sheets, ordering, etc. If not, make sure to email me and let me know at broadsword22@aaahawk.com. This has become a potentially HUGE group buy and I don't want to miss or leave out anyone that might want in on it.

Thanks,
Dijon

Broadsword
February 05, 2005, 06:52
Cabofdoom - Not sure if your question ever got answered or not - yes, we have to order by full cases (unless you have someone close by to split/mix one with) - Mtn House will only ship full cases to each address. The over $500 free shipping applies to both pouches and cases - your total order just has to be over $500.
Dijon

bigvikefan
February 08, 2005, 18:33
email sent