PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 shoots WAY Left...HELP

762-4-U
January 02, 2005, 12:36
I just picked up another L1A1 yesterday. All excited, I took it to the range. I never hit the paper. When the sight is centered, it shoots about 22 to 24 inches to the left. with windage correction maxed out, it shoots about 6 to 8 inches left.

I own several FAL's / L1A1's and this problem is new to me.
What is it, gas block off ? Barrel? What is the fix?
I am sure that I am not the only one who has ever had this problem.

As usual,
any and all help is appreciated

Thanks,
H

garybob
January 02, 2005, 13:12
I'll agree with teleplayer. If it's off that much, and if I read your post correctly , you bout have the rear site hangin off the lower? Pull off the handguards and possibly the gas tube and look see where the barrel is timed. The small scalop at the top of the barrel should be centered with the receiver. If the barrel is off that much it should be visible to the naked eye. Maybe someone near you has a timing device from Court in Florida you can borrow to check your timing.

mrbonecrusher
January 02, 2005, 15:25
Check around for timing tool methods using the mighty FAL Files search engine. Or just go back about a week to see the same issue cause it keeps coming back, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

762-4-U
January 02, 2005, 15:37
WOW,
mrbonecrusher you have too much time on your hands to type that one. It makes my eyes bug out when I read it :) Might happen over and over etc...but never happened to me.

thanks for everyones feedback, I will give my FAl smith a call and see what goes
H

tac-40
January 02, 2005, 16:07
Check out This Thread (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126730) for all of your answers. Heck, might even keep the Bonecrusher happy:biggrin:

JasonB
January 02, 2005, 16:48
If this happens to be a Century built L1A1 make sure the barrel is actually screwed in. Based on my experience, if they lack the correct breaching washer they apparently use threadlocker, dried grease, or will it in place for a while so that is does shoot well for a period then begins drifting left:) On the upside the rifle functioned which is quite a tribute to the design.

EMDII
January 02, 2005, 17:40
Left=TooLoose (Lautrec)
Right=TooTight
:wink:

tac-40
January 02, 2005, 21:24
Left=TooLoose (Lautrec)
Right=TooTight

EMDII, too Frenc....er European for me. Here is the Western version:

If the rifle shoots RIGHT
The barrel is too TIGHT.