PDA

View Full Version : No fishing in Maryland!

Archon
December 21, 2004, 14:23
SHARPSBURG, Md. - Male fish that are growing eggs have been found in the Potomac River near Sharpsburg, a sign that a little-understood type of pollution is spreading downstream from West Virginia, a federal scientist says.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041221/ap_on_sc/intersex_fish

Muggzy
December 21, 2004, 14:40
"...the Potomac River provides drinking water for 75% of the Washington metropolitan area....."

I think I would start buying bottled water:uhoh:

Sword of Laban
December 22, 2004, 14:16
"...the Potomac River provides drinking water for 75% of the Washington metropolitan area....."

That may explain some things comming out of DC...

ar15junkie
December 22, 2004, 22:27
Originally posted by Sword of Laban

That may explain some things comming out of DC...

Wow, you read my mind..

Talyn
December 24, 2004, 16:44
Wait till the snakeheads start mutating.

MikeC
December 24, 2004, 18:51
Originally posted by Muggzy

I think I would start buying bottled water:uhoh:

Actually, a buddy who recently moved into DC uses bottled water because of tests showing extremely high levels of lead in certain DC water mains.

Deltaten
December 24, 2004, 21:21
.....and some of those fancy-schmancy bottled waters test right up there with ditch water from downtown Mogadishu or Fallujah!

D'ja see any of the three eyed, no fin, glow-in-the-dark carp we sent down from TMI?? ;)

Male fishes sportin' eggs?? Must been nature, tryin' to adapt; just like JurrasicPark. It's in the movies...it's gotta be so! :D

O'course, lead in the pipes *can* be a danger. Look what happened to ancient Rome...they had lead pipes; and they ALL went nutz, not just Nero.

Best,
Paul

brownknees
January 22, 2005, 13:38
Maybe the semi-treated sewage that Hagerstown keeps dumping into the river has some effect!
Nah, just cant be so.
Maybr they're just migrating to an area like DC where gender-bender fish are more PC?:devil:

fastfreddy
January 22, 2005, 23:17
I used to live in the DC Metro area. After a few hours traveling 5 miles, I came home to read a news report on the quality of water. I moved to the country away from metro areas and enjoy a pristine well.

If you live in the DC area, at least get a good water filter and let your water stand to dissipate extreme chlorine before drinking. I sure would not let any kids drink that shit.

Eat a fish out of the Potomac?!! You've gotta be kidding, right?