PDA

View Full Version : TAPCO R1 Buttstock

FootLongCuban
September 14, 2001, 23:34
Well I ordered one of the $14.99 R1 long buttstocks with sling swivel from Tapco.

FYI: Dont bother ordering the $14 stock (no pad) to get the swivel. The swivel is crap and has to be replaced anyway. Better to buy the $9 R1 stock less swivel (no pad) and just buy a decent swivel.

The stock is nice and servicable. Should clean up pretty well. Now I just have to find a pad that will fit. I could "make" the STG pad fit with some modifications but the outside contours are still off.

Anybody know where I can get a decent pad for the R1 stock? Thanks, FLC

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: FootLongCuban ]

Ugh
September 17, 2001, 11:18
Thanks for the info! Was thinking of picking one of them up!

Gaspipe
September 17, 2001, 14:08
Thanks for the tip, FLC. Does anybody know what pad the synthetic R1 butts had? Smooth or ribbed (sounds like a condom add, eh?)?

Just wondering....my R1 kit originally came with a wooden butt with a steel buttpad that I donated to my brother's Centurian.

blackboots
September 17, 2001, 14:50
Mine looks like it used to be smooth, and penguine or one of the stock guys is makeing a $25 new pad for the R1.

Will the STG rear sling swivel fit? I need one too, tapco had em for $10 recently.

Hmm...

Dan at VOW
September 17, 2001, 15:02
All of my R1's came with the ribbed pad, while the pad on my IAI M444 had been ground down on the sides. The one on my IMBEL group buy kit was ribbed as well. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one of the new ones from Penguin, yet. I do know that Gerald is a stickler for detail and quality. HTH, Dan.