PDA

View Full Version : Wild Boar from Missouri..13 in 1 day(new photo)

tiredoldlion
December 05, 2004, 05:22
Saw 11 and Eddie got this one with a Blackpowder Rifle and a Sabot at 75yrds.
We are "back on them today".

http://www.texasboars.com/photopost/data/500/113113_hogs-med.jpg

http://www.texasboars.com/photopost/data/500/1131hog_001-med.jpg

tiredoldlion
December 22, 2004, 04:17
With the Snow on the Ground maybe I'll get one of the Wild Hogs today.........

mtchristman
December 22, 2004, 18:04
Where are you hunting at? How are you hunting them? We can't seem to get near them up by the Iowa line. We've been thinking about using dogs.

tiredoldlion
December 23, 2004, 06:03
.............In Wayne County Missouri around the lake,see a lot of sign, Tracks,Rooting ETC. but its hard to find them in the daytime, a DOG is the way to go.The snow didn't help either, I followed tracks for hours but could never catch them...

mtchristman
December 23, 2004, 06:56
Sounds like are problem. You can find all kinds of signs and follow tracks, but your lucky if you get a glimpse of them. The farmers up here see them once in a while and my brother thinks he saw a butt disappear in the brush. The story is years back when hog prices bottomed out that farmer turned his loose and now there are some big feral hogs running around.

A second hand story from a guy that is pretty trustworthy says a guy killed a 1200lb hog south of Macon county. I would like to see the pictures if this is true.

tiredoldlion
December 23, 2004, 09:05
A guy killed a 905# Hog during Bow Season with his Bow, this has been verified, it is a record for a Bow, was killed near the Wayne/Iron county line.Near where Jesse robbed his first train........................

mighty quinn
December 28, 2004, 16:15
Here's a couple shots (no pun intended) of said 1200 pound hawg...

Emailing them as I don't have them posted online....

Temp
January 03, 2005, 17:09
What's the out of state requirements for hog hunting in that area?

Poplar Bluff is a doable weekend trip.

tiredoldlion
January 04, 2005, 07:25
.................................No Licence required...........

Dogs are ok.
any gun is ok...
Hunt night or day.......

Temp
January 04, 2005, 15:48
Yabba Dabba Doo!

idsubgun
January 08, 2005, 14:04
Is that bacon I smell cookin'?

We've got Russian boars up here but on private land and have to pay to shoot them. I've ate the meat from them and it was damn good! I may have to lay down the moolah and get one this year.
Wish we had them running around like you do. I'd be eating pork year round.