PDA

View Full Version : Trying to ID this web gear...

macvsog
December 02, 2004, 00:43
Ok guys, this isn't going to be much help as I cannot post pictures of it. Please bare with me on the description(s) of the item.

It is basically a light brown colored heavy canvas with attached buckles that are metal and dark green in color. The suspenders are the same color with the same colored bucklesand don't criss-cross in the back. There are two main pouches that are on each side of the kidney area. The main pouches appear to be able to hold 10 FAL mags each. Now each pouch has side pouches and pouches right on top that hold one more FAL mag each. Looks like in total the whole set-up could hold at least 26+ FAL mags. There seems to be no markings anywhere to ID the country of origin but I was told that it could be South African. If anybody has any pictures of what I might be describing could you please post them so I can correctly ID this gear?

Thanks guys for your help! I really appreciate it!:)

eggroll
December 02, 2004, 01:35
sounds like Pattern 70 South African webgear for the R1 / FAL.

EGG

macvsog
December 02, 2004, 01:41
Eggroll,

You have any pictures and is it really meant to hold all those mags?

FranzLiebkind
December 02, 2004, 09:32
Sounds like SA Pat 70. Brown? never heard of that. Could be pretty cool.

Don Williams
December 02, 2004, 11:44
The pattern 70 gear I have is grey. But yah they could do it in brown.

macvsog
December 02, 2004, 14:41
Ok, it is not really the brown color you see in their vests. It is like a Khaki almost. Only the buckles are green, if that helps any?

Mr pogo
December 02, 2004, 15:24
Some Israeli webgear have green buckles but they are pretty good about marking their stuff.

yovinny
December 02, 2004, 18:08
All my SA is gray. Indian bright green. British, Canadian & Aussie dark/OD green. I havent seen brown or khaki before. We need pic's :)

FranzLiebkind
December 02, 2004, 19:28
Originally posted by macvsog
Ok, it is not really the brown color you see in their vests. It is like a Khaki almost. Only the buckles are green, if that helps any?

That's a standard South African Pattern 70 setup. Congrats. It's very good kit. Some have been sold onthe Marketplace board. Do a search I'm sure it's the same.

macvsog
December 03, 2004, 00:07
So if it is SA pattern 70, it really is meant to hold all those mags? I mean that is allot of weight in the back. I would think you'd need at least 4 canteens (full) with grenades towards the front just to get the weight to even out.

macvsog
December 03, 2004, 00:32
By the way, I cannot find any markings what-so-ever. My camera is now working and I am going to try and post pictures here in a few minutes.

macvsog
December 03, 2004, 00:49
I cannot get the darn thing to work!

FranzLiebkind
December 03, 2004, 11:27
You don't need to here's the link to the stuff for sale on Marketplace. It's awesome gear, very well built and tough as nails.
SA Pattern 70 gear for sale (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104065&highlight=South+African+web)

macvsog
December 03, 2004, 13:16
THAT's IT!!!!

I have all except the backpack. Got it for free as the guy didn't want it anymore!

"Tough as nails" is an understatement!:)

FranzLiebkind
December 04, 2004, 09:25
No BS, this is the highest quality webbing I've ever seen.