PDA

View Full Version : Doe pics

'TUDE
November 18, 2004, 17:29
Here are a few pics of doe I snuck up on a couple of weeks ago. Although they are by a house, they are not tame nor fenced in. I was able to get within 15 feet of one until she heard the camera motor.

'TUDE
November 18, 2004, 17:59

'TUDE
November 18, 2004, 18:08

Jon Frum
November 18, 2004, 19:38
A matriarchal herd.

'TUDE
November 18, 2004, 19:44
I've watched this bunch on and off for the past 3 months and there are a couple of bucks as well as a spike that stay with this group. Of course, I see the bucks when I don't have a camera or rifle. One is a good 7-8 pointer, the other a fat 6 pointer with heavy brow tines. When I glased the area the day I took the above pics, I could just make out one of the bucks in the woodline 100 or so yards away.

GW870
November 18, 2004, 20:45
Yep. Two things I learned as a youngster.

1. Deer ain't real smart.
2. If you sit still enough, there can be something on
the table besides beans and biscuits.

My dad never failed to give me the "They gonna put
your tail in jail!" lecture. He didn't hunt, but he always
helped me eat the evidence.

Different times, different places.

GW

darkknight9
November 18, 2004, 21:06
Yummy pics!

ultramagbrion
November 18, 2004, 21:21
Originally posted by GW870
Yep.
If you sit still enough, there can be something on
the table besides beans and biscuits.

GW

Yup! I read something in a hunting book on turkeys sayin deer see every man as a tree,while turkeys see every tree as a possible man...........

I was building the last tree stand last season and I stopped for a little break,I hadnt stopped hammerin nails for 20 seconds and two young deer walked up not 20 yards from the stand and starred at me like I was Marvin the martian or something.:?

Nice pictures!

davidp14
November 19, 2004, 08:48
I like that third pic.

Glad to see a place for me to go and look at when I'm feeling sorry for myslef because I have to study instead of go sit inthe woods.:( Oh well not much longer......

Da Nerd
November 19, 2004, 09:50
I once snuck up on two deer bedded down with my movie camera.....quite a beautiful site, but when I got home and showed the movie, I noticed there were THREE deer, not two....goes to show how well they blend in the background.

izaakb
November 19, 2004, 10:52
Get yourself a salt block and leave it out there, you'll have lots of nice steaks...err... friends coming by..

CATM Larry
November 19, 2004, 17:45
My Father in Law puts some feed out in the yard for the deer in the colder months. His girlfriend likes to look at them and he likes to see what is going to be around come rifle season. He lives right behind Hickory Run State Park in the Pocono Mt. area of NE PA, so he gets some decent sized bear through the yard as well. Have to get some pics this year with the digital camera.

Larry

mhpoole
December 01, 2004, 01:49
We used to have deer eat apples and cob from our hands and my Brother in Laws house near Crooked River Ranch in bend. That was really neat and a great experience.