PDA

View Full Version : OT- H&K Mark23 SOCOM

capman
March 21, 2002, 16:44
Does anyone have any experience with one? Are they as accurate as H&K's propaganda says?

I have a chance to get one for $1500 and am curious what you think.

TIA

cap

Jayson at IGF
March 21, 2002, 17:24
Price sounds right to me.

For me the Socom is too big. It is about the same size as a Desert Eagle.

I like the HK Tactical better. Most of the same features and is about the same size as a standard pistol.

Just my preference. As far as accuracy and quality I would say yes.

fresca
March 21, 2002, 17:30
They are very big, uncomfortably so, in my opinion. I would go with the Tactical or the Expert.

Grant Swafford
March 21, 2002, 18:04
I prefer my USP Compact .45 to the full size rigs. 8rds in the mag, 2.5" groups @50yds with 230gr Remington Golden Sabers. If that is any indication the SOCOM ought to do as well or better.

GS

idsubgun
March 21, 2002, 18:11
I shot a suppressed one about a year ago and wasn't impressed. Too big and cumbersome, like the others have said.
Too much money for a pistol that isn't any better then my 1911s.

Ask4id
March 21, 2002, 18:53
That is a great price. I would take it just for the investment. However, I own a tactical and it is a truely awesome pistol. It is the only pistol that I can shoot a mag all in one hole. I put +P and .45 Super through it and have had zero problems. The recoil is almost nil even with the higher pressure loads.

hkshooter
March 21, 2002, 19:01
The SOCOM pistol is everything HK says it is, yes. Very fine pistol that takes a very specific person to like and appreciate. As some have mentioned the gun is large. To large to be pratical but keep in mind that it is also the first handgun built with a very offensive use in mind. This is not a defensive handgun. This is a piece for the operator. All the examples I've shot have been very accurate guns. No malfunctions ofcourse.
If you have the extra bucks, that is a great price. If you want something unique to own for a conversation piece it will fit the bill. :D

gates
March 21, 2002, 19:10
i second what HKShooter said-i got to spend some time with one a few years back and was struck by 3 things-its big-it shoots one hole groups OFF HAND-and when you wet the silencer the report is "0" as in you cant hear it from 15 ft away! def. an operators
weapon.

aj

capman
March 21, 2002, 22:38
Thanks everybody.

The size doesn't bother me, it was designed as an offensive weapon. I just didn't know if the accuracy and reliability claims were "propoganda" from H&K.

I bought it. Now I have to wait until Tuesday to pick it up. Seems the Illinois 3 day waiting period is now 3 "business days" WTF.

cap