PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the Inch receivers gone?

billh
March 20, 2002, 23:23
Does anybody know where I can find a true inch receiver for around 250.00? I would prefer Imbel but would take anything at this point. Any suggestions?

larphred
March 21, 2002, 00:50
Shhhh! Here's a secret. But you must promise not to tell anyone. Century is now building them and they are on sale for like $150. But you didn't hear it from me.

Batman
March 21, 2002, 07:37
Originally posted by larphred:
<STRONG>Shhhh! Here's a secret. But you must promise not to tell anyone. Century is now building them and they are on sale for like $150. But you didn't hear it from me.</STRONG>

But do they work??? :eek:

larphred
March 21, 2002, 10:25
I'll let you know.

EMDII
March 21, 2002, 10:44
An IMBEL is only Inch-cut <sigh>.

The IMBEL is a Type 3 Metric receiver cut to accept Inch components, especially the magazine and bodycover.

Entreprise is making the closest clone of which I know, and I think DSA has tooled up to make them. I have no information on the CAI receivers.

billh
March 21, 2002, 18:46
For a little more than the price of entreprise's inch receiver @ app. 350.00. I can buy the whole CAI rifle from SOG @ 389.00
so I have ordered one today to see just what they are about. I really don't see how you can loose at that price.As soon as one comes in I will post.If nothing else I will strip it down and rebuild witk l1a1 kit and have spare parts to boot.If the receiver is not worth it I will sell the CAI to my brother in Law and buy Entreprise's receiver. HA!

Farmer from Hell
March 22, 2002, 20:03
Originally posted by billh:
<STRONG>If the receiver is not worth it I will sell the CAI to my brother in Law and buy Entreprise's receiver. HA!</STRONG>

Thats really makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :D

FfH