PDA

View Full Version : FALkyrie, what firearms did you get from your Dad's estate?

fnfalman
April 24, 2002, 11:11
I'm just curious as to what stash did you get from your Dad's estate other than the killer paratrooper FAL?

FALkyrie
April 24, 2002, 11:50
Originally posted by fnfalman:
<STRONG>I'm just curious as to what stash did you get from your Dad's estate other than the killer paratrooper FAL?</STRONG>

Are you sizing me up?! :D you guys are too much. :)
Other than the FAL, the only other rifle I really wanted was my grandad's short winchester lever in 32 special. My brother has the 20 or so left, and if so inclinded I can use them at anytime. I also took a colt 38 super pistol. And I would trade them all in a second to spend a another minute with dad. :(
By the way, I am 26, 5'8", 390 lbs, hair like straw and gaps in my teeth you can stick a finger through, and smell like a water treatment plant. My glass eye is hardly noticable when it is in straight and the extra fingers are a real help. :D
So, as you can see, I am real hottie ;)
I forgot to add the soles of my feet will take the varnish off a wood floor! Do not want to forget that! :)

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: FALkyrie ]

kotengu
April 24, 2002, 12:01
"I am 26, 5'8", 390 lbs, hair like straw and gaps in my teeth you can stick a finger through, and smell like a water treatment plant. My glass eye is hardly noticable when it is in straight and the extra fingers are a real help.
So, as you can see, I am real hottie"

LOL! :eek: You'll have to excuse some of our guys if they come on a bit "strong".......it's just so rare to find a woman who likes guns (especially FALs!!!!). They really do mean well -

Matt (happily married and NOT sizing you up) ;)

Ricketts
April 24, 2002, 12:21
If you have any visable tattoo's, I'mm interested!! :D

Sumoj275
April 24, 2002, 12:22
Hey, you sound mighty fine!

Guys just having a little fun, but in all seriouness---WELCOME ABOARD :D

Shrike
April 24, 2002, 12:26
Originally posted by FALkyrie:
<STRONG>

By the way, I am 26, 5'8", 390 lbs, hair like straw and gaps in my teeth you can stick a finger through, and smell like a water treatment plant. My glass eye is hardly noticable when it is in straight and the extra fingers are a real help. :D
[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: FALkyrie ]</STRONG>

Are you single?
Mike
:D

Bruce Allen
April 24, 2002, 12:29
<STRONG>

Are you sizing me up?! :D you guys are too much. :)
Other than the FAL, the only other rifle I really wanted was my grandad's short winchester lever in 32 special. My brother has the 20 or so left, and if so inclinded I can use them at anytime. I also took a colt 38 super pistol. And I would trade them all in a second to spend a another minute with dad. :(
So, as you can see, I am real hottie ;)
I forgot to add the soles of my feet will take the varnish off a wood floor! Do not want to forget that! :)

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: FALkyrie ]</STRONG>

Well shoot - here in South Carolina you are at least a "Red Neck 10". That's a 4 after the red neck has had a 6 pack. :D

I know what you mean about giving it all up to be with your father again...mine has been gone for over 2 years and it just lately got where it was not too painfull to think about.

Welcome aboard!!!

Any woman that likes guns is OK in my book.
(you ought to see my bride handle her 9MM)

devilmonkey
April 24, 2002, 12:30
With that kind of sarcasm you'll fit in great around here, LOL :)

Candide1
April 24, 2002, 13:01
By the way, I am 26, 5'8", 390 lbs, hair like straw and gaps in my teeth you can stick a finger through, and smell like a water treatment plant. My glass eye is hardly noticable when it is in straight and the extra fingers are a real help.
So, as you can see, I am real hottie
I forgot to add the soles of my feet will take the varnish off a wood floor! Do not want to forget that!

The problem is now we all know you are a smart ass too. Thats far too desirable in a woman....you just made yourself even more of a target..LOL ;)

Hell I dont even have a FAL yet...I wouldnt size up a woman that does.... :cool:

I will join the ranks soon enough though....the STG is on order WOOHOO!!

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: Candide1 ]

FALkyrie
April 24, 2002, 13:58
Keeping up on this board is a full time job! thanks again for all kind words. Knowing I have some :cool: new friends online helps!
I "like" guns because they are a physical form of empowerment. For a woman, it means not having to fear from predators two and four legged. Or domestic violence. Alot of women live in the fear and ignorence of soccer mom land. :mad: I refuse to and am always willing to show anyother "girl" how to empower herself.
I did not even know about the "para" until after dad's passing. I had gotten introduced to the FAL by my now roomate several years ago. It was a blast, but SO heavy.
As a gift for finishing up with school, Dad asked me what I wanted. I replyed a firearm. So after dragging him through half a dozen shops I saw the DSA lightwieght carbine. It is easier (and less bruising) to handle in a shooting jacket, even then shooting it as fast as possible is like trying to hold onto a jackhammer. That's why the para is a little intimidating, as it seems to be even less to it. :rolleyes:
As for me being sarcastic and a smart ass, that is true. :D as for it being desirable, fair warning there is a less than funny side to it!!! :) Dad taught me right!

peace.
PS; What is a "dremel maiming"?

sportsnut
April 24, 2002, 14:00
I wonder how many of the "DOGS" have privatly emailed her trying to buy that sweet Para? :D ;) My guess is at least 10, and no i'm not one of them. :D

stimpsonjcat
April 24, 2002, 15:25
Gotta go to the gunsmithing forum and do a search for 'dremel' and 'wecsog'...gadzooks...I don't even want to think about how many hits that will generate :eek:

Candide1
April 24, 2002, 15:30
Naw...being a smartass has more good points than bad points!!

Anyway I would assume that the reference to dremel maiming is talking about trying to work on a rifle (installing stuff, fixing, repairing, etc) with a Dremel Motor tool. I am not handy enough to do that. My limits are repairing and restoring wood stock sets. Dont let me near the metal..LOL.

And I am not one of the folks trying to buy that rifle off of her. Hell I can barely afford the STG58 I just ordered.

Peace out!

sportsnut
April 24, 2002, 15:46
Originally posted by Candide1:
And I am not one of the folks trying to buy that rifle off of her. Hell I can barely afford the STG58 I just ordered.

Peace out![/QB]

I didn't say that I knew who any of the "DOGS" were, or if there were any "DOGS" at all. :) but we know your out there. ;)

FALkyrie
April 24, 2002, 15:47
Ok, now i remember what a dremel is. Motorized tools and me do not get along. A major disaster and a broken nail waiting to happen. No thanks! :eek:
No one has tried to contact me about buying the para. Even if someone did I would still politely say no. And thanks to people for not asking. :)

Now, what is a wescog? (sorry so blonde)

peace.

Shrike
April 24, 2002, 15:58
<STRONG>Now, what is a wescog? (sorry so blonde)
peace.</STRONG>

Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithin' Only one G in Gunsmithin'

Mike (single) :cool:

scout762
April 24, 2002, 16:09
FALkyrie; You are obviously a woman of intelligence and wit...and you like guns, too! Your membership and posts to this board are welcome, indeed. I see WECSOG has already been explained. Mr. Jeter could probably tell you more if you care to look in the Gunsmithing and Build it Yourself forum.

As for you the passing of your father: Time will heal but you will never forget. I lost mine 30 years ago and I still think of him every day.

You are welcome here.

EMDII
April 24, 2002, 16:25
FALkyrie, you sound as if you can hold your own.

And lets not tell all our secrets, OK. The thing about the feet was TMI (Too Much Information)!

C-ya, and WELCOME!

FALkyrie
April 24, 2002, 16:36
Originally posted by Horses Butt:
<STRONG>
Does this mean what it sounds like it means?</STRONG>

If what it sounds like is I am willing to take another woman to the range and show her that a handgun does not bite, that it will not jump off the table by its self and start shooting everyone, and by learning to use a gun she kind find some inner peace and power, then you are correct :)
Thanks for the kind words scout, but I will pass on building my own gun. An ACME kit for a FAL? Scary! As the man said, gadzooks! ;)
Ted; thanks for the welcome :) Why are you an evil moderator? Does the board have a good moderator? Is it a good cop/bad cop type of thing? :confused:

peace.

Seth Livzz
April 24, 2002, 16:50
Me loves a woman who can eat corn on the cobb through a picket fence :D :D :D

fnfalman
April 24, 2002, 16:59
Falkyrie,

I admire your late Dad's taste in firearms. I ADMIRE your current taste in firearms! Of all the things that you could have picked out, you took the Colt .38Super and the Winchester .32 lever gun. Do you know that The Duke had a .32 Winchester lever gun among other firearms?

BTW, for your Subaru WRX, nice ride. Not my first choice for automotive engineering achievement, but very nice choice. Plenty of go-fast and a goodly amount of handling capability. There is something to be said about rally cars.

So...what you need for company is a fellow who is also an engineer (so that he can relate to you professionally), who owns an original Brazilian FAL (so that he can relate to you materially), and who also has a mean ride (BMW 328i Cabriolet, so that he can relate to you automotively) :D

I don't wanna mention any names but his started with fn------ ;)

BTW, in his youth he was a US Army paratrooper, so you wouldn't have to worry about dealing with a mealy-mouthed, effete, sensitive modern man. :cool:

FALkyrie
April 24, 2002, 17:29
FnFalman, you are a silver tounged devil. Smooooth. keep it up ! ;)
I suspect even though the majority of my high speed driving experience is on Mariokart, I think I could beat a beemer in the twistys. Mainly because every BMW is a thousand pounds overwieght with comfort zone goodies. Like the leather and wood trim, spanish tile flooring, motorized dual cigarette lighters, console fridge and lazy boy recliner seats. Plush but makes it handle like a walrus. :p Doh!
I fear I am not going to be very good company for a while, as I explained in earlier posts. But being a good sport and a class act counts for a lot. Thank you for the smile! :) peace.

fnfalman
April 24, 2002, 18:00
Hi Falkyrie,

I was only kidding about the proposal. :) Only weirdos would try to hook up over the internet :eek:

The Bimmers ARE overweight, but only by about 500-lbs or so. And even with the extra weight, they don't handle like walri! Hush your tongue, woman! That's pure and utter blasphemy. Your ride ain't exactly a lightweight ballerina either :p

I was just curious as to how long you've been a practicing CE? Professional curiosity...

FALkyrie
April 24, 2002, 18:47
I have be working for a paycheck in the glamour filled world of civil engineering for six monthes now. My first, ongoing and forseeable future projects are designing waste water runoff systems for commerical building parking lots. It is where the money is here. And with act 250 and recent water quaility laws, it is not as simple as it seems. one plan our team has redone 17 times and we still are not approved. It does keep me working, Traffic and roadway planning would be more to my liking however. :)
I was luck to get into a great firm, who has done nothing but support me over the last month. All I did today was lay around in the sun and surf the net. It will be good to get back to work tomarrow.
Thanks for asking! :) peace.

ksuguy
April 24, 2002, 20:02
<STRONG>I "like" guns because they are a physical form of empowerment.</STRONG>

Yes, they are great for that. A firearm is the only tool that enables people that are not as physically strong compete with the strong. Prior to the invention of the firearm, an 80 year old grandmother would have no chance against a healthy young man. But put a gun in her hand and she can take on just about anyone. They are the great equalizer.

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: ksuguy ]

DP
April 24, 2002, 20:09
My wife and I get up to Vermont regularly. Beautiful state and I love the UVM campus! Friends own a golf course in the northern part of the state(he also was an engineer before his entrepreneurial days!)
DP

archy
April 24, 2002, 20:10
<STRONG>

Now, what is a wescog? (sorry so blonde)

peace.</STRONG>

This guy will explain it to you:

http://www.mindspring.com/~kmeans/CoyoteGunsmith.jpg

lost
April 24, 2002, 20:45
try this http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6592/GunSmithCats/GC_3.jpg

DUCTTAPE
April 24, 2002, 21:41
She sounds like my soon to be 13 year old daughter. What with the wit and joy of firearms. Welcome aboard , and I look forward to your posts ,so that I may share them with my daughter.
She is the youngest female guest speaker for CHAMPAIGN COUNTY RIFLE ASSOCIATION here in Illinois. She also has been written about several times.
You sound like a older version of her somewhat.
once again , welcome. :)

FALkyrie
April 24, 2002, 21:48
Originally posted by ksuguy:
<STRONG>Yes, they are great for that. A firearm is the only tool that enables people that are not as physically strong compete with the strong. </STRONG>
My roomie has a plaque on the wall that reads; "God created man, but Sam Colt made them equal."
How true! :)

Ducttape, glad to hear from you and kudos for raising your daughter to be a good citizen and an indepentant thinker. :D Thank you for the nice words and I hope I can live up to your girls expectations! :)

peace.

EmbassyMarine
April 25, 2002, 05:25
At last a gal that likes guns, has a sense of humor and guess what?
She is too darn young for me.!!
I bought a winchester 32/20 lever action oct/bbl made in 1909 in switzerland that was brand new in 1957...brought it back to the states and sold it...I have hated myself ever since.
;) :cool:

comp1911
April 25, 2002, 09:05
CE eh?

Civil Engineering Laws

#1. It stinks.
#2. It flows down hill.

Don't mind me, just alittle razzin from a ME. ;)

VoceNoctum
April 25, 2002, 21:30
So, tell me about the 38 super, forget all this "FAL" tripe :-)

FALkyrie
April 25, 2002, 22:04
The .38 super is made by colt and it is just like the .45, but it has a blue finish rather than a military one. I can shoot the typewriter well enough, But it gets old quick. ;) The 38 is much more comfortable to shoot.
I do not plan on shooting any of this stuff much if at all, and it is all safely tucked away in a safe at the tower of Barad-Dur. With guardians that make the Nazgul look like kindergarden teachers!!! :D LOL!

VoceNoctum
April 25, 2002, 22:15
<STRONG>The .38 super is made by colt and it is just like the .45, but it has a blue finish rather than a military one. I can shoot the typewriter well enough, But it gets old quick. ;) The 38 is much more comfortable to shoot.
I do not plan on shooting any of this stuff much if at all, and it is all safely tucked away in a safe at the tower of Barad-Dur. With guardians that make the Nazgul look like kindergarden teachers!!! :D LOL!</STRONG>

70 series? 80 series?
PRE 70 series!
Box stock?
Come on, you're holding out on me!

:)

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: VoceNoctum ]

FALkyrie
April 25, 2002, 22:24
Sorry. There is so much I do not know about this stuff. :( I DO know it does not say 70 or 80 on it. I would guess it is stock.

FALkyrie
April 26, 2002, 10:42
<STRONG>Sorry. There is so much I do not know about this stuff. :( I DO know it does not say 70 or 80 on it. I would guess it is stock.</STRONG>

When in doubt, call big bro. :) It is a 1911a1 colt, box stock with about 98% of the finish intact. it is a pre model seventy. See how easy it is when I know what I am talking about?! :) hope this helps.

VoceNoctum
April 26, 2002, 19:46
<STRONG>

When in doubt, call big bro. :) It is a 1911a1 colt, box stock with about 98% of the finish intact. it is a pre model seventy. See how easy it is when I know what I am talking about?! :) hope this helps.</STRONG>

You have The Holy Grail!
FWIW, if you want to read more about 1911's in general, www.1911forum.com (http://www.1911forum.com) is very nice.

If you decide to sell it, email me :-)
Don't suppose you're looking for trades? :-)

FALkyrie
April 26, 2002, 20:48
Dad knew his business. If they are cool it is because of his acumen. Not for sale, But thank you for your insight. :) Peace.

NonFlyingFinn
April 27, 2002, 02:59
FALkyrie, oh FALkyrie
If I only could see your eyes
Eyes deep blue
as cloudless evening sky
If I only could feel your hair
Hair so soft
as fresh-fallen snow

Then

I would know...

Yikes. Visions of 400 pound, PARA-FAL wielding engineer babe dancing in my mind forced the Pegasus to dead-panic-run, result being the above blurb. About the greatest literary output Ive ever achieved. If I could always write like that Id be a poet instead of an engineer. Sometimes I surprise even myself.

Maybe I should sleep more.

Puny earthlings, take me to be your leader!

FALkyrie
April 27, 2002, 09:33
LOL! Oh my that was hysterical. :D Thanks for starting off my day with such a laugh!!! :) Hey! I have dipped into the mid 370's now. Amazing what cutting out a turkey drumstick a day will do for your sexy waistline! :p Imagine if I cut back to just four sandwiches and one bucket of chicken? Buffy Summers, look out!!! :p

Loud were they, lo, loud, riding over the hill.
They were of one mind, riding over the land;
Shield thyself now, to escape from this ill.
Out, little spear, if herein thou be.
Under shield of light linden I took up my stand,
When the mighty women made ready thier power
And sent out thier screaming spears...

An Old English charm against sudden pain.

The best poetry I can do is to plaigerize (SP?) things such as above. Nice job ;) you can keep it up! :D
It takes a lot of work and $ to get your hair that soft. You do not think that we spend all that time in the bathroom because we like it there do you?!!! :p peace.

ps: My favorite winter sport is sleeping. It is a great hobby I enjoy tremendously. :)

[ April 27, 2002: Message edited by: FALkyrie ]