PDA

View Full Version : case and sling recommendations?

troyboy30
October 07, 2004, 20:26
I just recived my FAL 16" carbine from ORF and I need a soft assault case and a sling. I have done some searches and keep getting timed out. Also have searched the web but everything I am finding seems kinda high to me. Was kinda hoping to find a good case for under $50. Can you guys point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

wintermute76
October 07, 2004, 22:06
I picked up a 42" case for my Stg58 at Sportsmans guide for $26 I think, has 5 mag pouches on the side. Might not be the greatest case, but it gets her to the range ok.

I picked up a SAW/M249 sling from CQB Solutions since I had the SAW furniture on it, been happy with that too.

lysander6
October 07, 2004, 22:38
Try the Eagle Indistries TAS series for the FAL. It is about thirty plus shipping w/ a lifetime warranty and has a very positive and strong retention system on the gun that can be adjusted for your personal carry. A thumb snap releases the weapon to your shoulder from a British high carry and can maintain sul position hands-free if necessary when you shift the weapon down and to the right (for right-handers). Every gun you own should have a sling if you intend to field with it.

Bill

Rooster
October 07, 2004, 22:55
I may be slighty bias on this subject but take a look here

FALFiles Thread (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103714)

Rooster's Tactical Slings Website (www.roosterstacticalslings.com)

l1a1man
October 08, 2004, 05:34
I have a Rooster on my PARA and love it. Nice and wide, quick release if you need it off. Also from Galati I picked up a floating assault case. It is nice too.

maz
October 08, 2004, 08:57
i have roosters slings on a imbel and stg, very nicccccccccceeeeee. case, well whey came from this board to, somebody had a sale.look in market place, i think a nice double case is comeing up for sale. good luck

troyboy30
October 08, 2004, 11:10
thanks for the help guys...Rooster i will contact you soon.

Still lookin around for a good case.