PDA

View Full Version : G-1 barrel weight lug thing compliance question?

dirtshooter
April 29, 2002, 18:23
I wasn't sure if this goes under Legal or Gunsmith or what but here goes:

I usually cut off the threads for the barrel weight thing for compliance but the G-1 doesn't have threads. There is a lug on the barrel. Do I have to do anything to that lug for compliance or if I just take off the flash redistribution attachment I'll be okay?

Now I've gotten this far I remember I didn't bother searching. Oh well.....

TIA

DJ
April 29, 2002, 18:37
It's my understanding that the G1 lug can stay. There were no bayonets made for the G1 and as long as you don't put your evil flash hider on the lug you're OK.

fireback
April 29, 2002, 19:06
I hope there are bayonets for the G-1, da "ersatz", if not then Tapco has pulled the wool..............

It doesn't fit the barrel lug but it do fit the muzzle thingey lug. I just want it for da collection anyway. I didn't buy a gun to have knife fight*

*don't send the soccer mom's after me, it is just a joke.........maybe. :eek:

Queenie
April 29, 2002, 23:20
I think the bayonets Tapco is selling are Turkish. Seems the Turks "modded" up a bunch of Mauser bayo's to fit the G1's they had. (Please, someone correct me if this isn't the case). Anyway the G1 wasn't originally designed to have a bayonet and so the lug isn't a legal issue. Again if I understand correctly...

BUFF
April 30, 2002, 00:08
True. Threaded muzzles and flash hiders are prohibited on postbans. The lug isn't threads. The flash hider that came with your kit isn't illegal until you attach it to a completed rifle.

Same deal with the grenade laucher and other do-hickey TAPCO sells.

I also bought one of TAPCO's sleeved flash hiders, which is ow just a muzzle decoration and counterweight. Looks good, original, but I will take it off to shoot, and go bare-muzzle.

LAFAL
April 30, 2002, 13:10
I bought one of TAPCO's sleeved brakes to go on my G-1 but also bought the bayo. Hey, if it's suppose to have one I get it one. Someone said "A Turk without a knife is like a Palestinian without a rock." True, so true. I'm not a Turk nor do I play one on TV. But I digress. I plan on keeping the original FH/BL on mine when it's in the house and using either bare muzzle or sleeved device for the range. I wonder what that thing does to the harmonics and accuracy?

dirtshooter
April 30, 2002, 17:29
Cool! Thanks everyone!

I wonder if 'easily attachable' or anything like that is a factor? I seem to remember something about 'extra auto capable' parts in boxes where they are easy to put in being a problem on a post somewhere. If I have a muzzle decoration in a box in the closet by my G-1 is that a problem? You know, there could be an ATF type hiding in the back of my closet (I hope (s)he's not sitting on my tin foil hat!) :D

Wow! this site gets lots of activity. This post got to the second page before I got a chance to come back and find it.