PDA

View Full Version : Squirrelly request. Looking for Hunter Orange gear.

Right Side Up @ 1000 MPH
July 13, 2004, 15:45
Does anyone make it? Not going to Afghanistan, but to Wyoming, and I don't want to take any friendly fire :D

RT
July 13, 2004, 16:18
what do you need

Right Side Up @ 1000 MPH
July 13, 2004, 17:30
Well, I'm not real sure. I get punch drunk on all the gear termonology. I just need something to hold all my paraphenalia while I'm out hiking for hours. I carry food, ammo, first aid kit, etc. I just get tired of loading up my overall pockets with all kinds of crap that makes walking uncomfortable, and want something to put it all in.

maz
July 13, 2004, 19:08
i would just load out, then buy a orange vest one size larger and put it over your gear. and a orange hat.
good luck :)

mikess512004
July 13, 2004, 20:04
Wally World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aka WalMart

Texas Tactical
July 13, 2004, 21:29
Eagle Hunters Vest. Pictured in OD but comes in Hunter Orange as well.

http://www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/P_HV_CH.jpg
http://www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/P_HV_CH_COMBO.jpg

Right Side Up @ 1000 MPH
July 13, 2004, 21:56
I like that. :bow:

All the other hunters on the mountain will look at me and my spiffy vest and go home because they know they don't stand a chance. :uhoh:

PM me the price and availability please. :D

Talyn
July 13, 2004, 23:38
Call Cabelas & get a FALL catalog. There's all the hunter orange you want in there.

Some HO is OK but you really don't need to go head to toe like back east were there's much more reason to get decked out. If you do you will definitely stand out as an out of state hunter.

eggroll
July 14, 2004, 00:08
kifaru also makes packs and hunting gear with removable HIFLO orange panels.

Just picked up YET another one of their packs today

www.kifaru.net

Sayeret Tzanhanim
July 14, 2004, 00:12
RSU1000,
Just my two cents...that Texas Tactical Vest look pretty bitchin' but not too commando, if you know what I mean.
Perfect.
ST

Right Side Up @ 1000 MPH
July 14, 2004, 00:13
Originally posted by Talyn
Call Cabelas & get a FALL catalog. There's all the hunter orange you want in there.

Some HO is OK but you really don't need to go head to toe like back east were there's much more reason to get decked out. If you do you will definitely stand out as an out of state hunter.

Most of the guys on the mountain we hunt are from out of state. It's usually the same old bunch of hunters every time. We know a lot of them. I really like the guys from Washington state, they bring over a bunch of salmon with them. :D

Last year there were more guys, and I get a little worried about buck feverish newbies shooting at something that moves in the sagebrush they shouldn't be shooting at. I don't care if I don't fit in, I just want to be seen. Besides, the law states I have to have a certain number of square inches of orange on. If I put a green vest over my orange jacket it's going to cover it up a bunch.

It's not like I'm looking for orange pants and undies..................:uhoh:

Right Side Up @ 1000 MPH
July 14, 2004, 00:17
Originally posted by Sayeret Tzanhanim
RSU1000,
Just my two cents...that Texas Tactical Vest look pretty bitchin' but not too commando, if you know what I mean.
Perfect.
ST

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It looks "tits" to me. :biggrin:

It's got loops to hold six 7mm-300 Weatherby shells. I guess I could use the larger loop next to them to hold a spare bolt for when I blow out the one on my rifle from my hot handloads. :eek:

Glad to see you hanging out here again. Hope you're feeling better.

Bwana John
July 14, 2004, 11:37
Wyoming has a law requiring Hunter Orange, and it is enforced.
"Wyoming has a flexible hunter orange law compared to many states. In Wyoming, hunters must visibly wear a florescent orange vest/coat, hat or both. Comouflage hunter orange patterns are allowed."

Master Blaster
August 21, 2004, 10:45
Cabela's has a vest that has an integral back pack and many pockets made to fill with your items. Here is the link. HTH
Regards,
Jim

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jhtml?id=0009406930158a&navAction=jump&navCount=1&indexId=cat470103&podId=0009406&catalogCode=QR&parentId=cat470103&parentType=index&rid=&cmCat=MainCatcat470076&hasJS=true