PDA

View Full Version : preban Question

fnfal
March 17, 2002, 09:49
How do you find out if a receiver and or rifle was preban. I have an Imbel made receiver. I was thinking about call the company to see when it was built. Does anyone know Imbels phone number? Is there any other way of verifying the age of the rifle? I purchased the rifle in 97 and the gun shop owner said he purchased it in 93. Since then the gun shop has closed and I did not get what he told me in writing. Can anyone help?

FWRA
March 17, 2002, 14:41
Originally posted by fnfal:
<STRONG>How do you find out if a receiver and or rifle was preban. I have an Imbel made receiver. I was thinking about call the company to see when it was built. Does anyone know Imbels phone number? Is there any other way of verifying the age of the rifle? I purchased the rifle in 97 and the gun shop owner said he purchased it in 93. Since then the gun shop has closed and I did not get what he told me in writing. Can anyone help?</STRONG>

Who was the importer? Was that receiver what the guy bought in '93 or a rifle?

Regarding contacting Imbel, I doubt you'll get any help there. Third world countries are probably lax on record keeping and probably wont give a hoot about an American with a question about "year of manufacture".

Then again....

I've been wrong a bunch of times before! :D

FWRA

Ekie
March 17, 2002, 15:04
Far as I know the only pre-ban IMBEL semiautomatic assault rifles are marked Springfield Armory Inc.

fnfal
March 17, 2002, 16:59
The receiver says receiver
made by Imbel-Brazil
Hesse-St. Paul, MN-FALH

Mr pogo
March 17, 2002, 18:27
<STRONG>The receiver says receiver
made by Imbel-Brazil
Hesse-St. Paul, MN-FALH</STRONG>

Postban. Imported receiver covered under 1990 cutoff date.

fnfal
March 17, 2002, 20:48
What does the 1990 law cover.

Mr pogo
March 17, 2002, 22:22
<STRONG>What does the 1990 law cover.</STRONG>
http://www.fnfal.com/falfiles/usaparts.html