PDA

View Full Version : Will There Be More?

Cetme308
September 12, 2001, 01:37
If they can carefully plan this out, with surgical precision, then wouldnt they finish the job by doing another act of terrorism tommorow? that would just cripple us terribly, if this happens tommorow, they will TRULY succeed in putting fear into all of us. what do you think?

EMDII
September 12, 2001, 01:53
And hey, let's keep it all in one thread or two, will ya!?

FWIW- perhaps they committed all their resources at once. Who cares. We are forewarned now, and must not let our guard down. If we bend to fear, we are beaten.

So if they have an other successful attack, we can only hope to minimize or deflect it. But 'fearing another attack' is counter-productive. What might happen is NOT under our control or sphere of influence.

Let's bury the dead, say our Prayers, and get on with the business of destroying this threat.

Rew
September 12, 2001, 02:19
I think that it will die down for a time, it has in the past. However the military is on high alert, and I'm pretty sure we are ready as we can be for right now. Its late, and I just can't sleep, I'm 6 miles form norad, seems I'm on guard duty again. :confused:

StirFry
September 12, 2001, 03:16
Well. I think the optimal moment has passed for a follow up. It doesn't mean there won't be one. Looking at it, the prime moment would be about the time the media got wind of it and folks are just starting to scramble. From there, trigger something on the West coast. Viola. Instant friggin chaos. It might've been the perfect plan for a damned invasion...

At this point, it's going to be much harder to pull something. Let's just hope people don't wear themselves out in the next few days from the stress. That's the next best point of attack I'd say....

GreyGhost14
September 12, 2001, 03:22
Originally posted by StirFry:
<STRONG>Instant friggin chaos. It might've been the perfect plan for a damned invasion...
</STRONG>

Yeah, but you can't hide something the size of an invasion, that's why they use terrorism.

StirFry
September 12, 2001, 03:27
True enough. There aren't enough of 'em with a spine to even do terrorism much less fight an invasion type war. Either way, it's just an observation that the conditions are perfect for one. I doubt it'll happen though. At least not from the Islamic nations. They don't have those kindsa resources...

Originally posted by GreyGhost14:
<STRONG>

Yeah, but you can't hide something the size of an invasion, that's why they use terrorism.</STRONG>

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: StirFry ]

Hambone_22345
September 12, 2001, 07:49
It would be suicide to try an invasion now that we're wide awake and looking for it. You can't hide it, as mentioned before, and there's enough CAP and ship/sub patrols to make it nigh on impossible to sneak by right now, IMHO.

However, there might be more terrorist attacks. Just have to wait and see. It's hard to imagine what they might do to top yesterday's events. But I don't think like a terrorist either.

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Hambone_22345 ]