PDA

View Full Version : Will Eagle MOLLE pouches work with a...

IronHands
April 30, 2004, 12:28
Blackhawk STRIKE vest? The Eagle pouches look like they are of better quality than the BlackHawk pouches. I think that I may have found a reasonable source for the Eagle gear. The Eagle MOLLE vest is almost twice as much as the BlackHawk STRIKE. So to save a few bucks I thought that I would go with the BlackHawk vest and the Eagle pouches. Doe anyone know if this will work or not? Thanks.

Jen
April 30, 2004, 13:24
Eagle Pouches should work on the STRIKE vests and vice versa. The Blackhawk STRIKE system is just a copy of the Eagle MOLLE gear. Everything should be interchangeable.

IronHands
April 30, 2004, 16:00
Thanks Jen! I thought so but I wanted to make sure before I started buying pouches first. BTW Eagle has a helluva pouch for M-14/FAL mags!

Havoc
May 01, 2004, 18:50
Where are you finding Eagle Molle pouches?

IronHands
May 02, 2004, 22:53
I found a place that sells to millitary and LE only.

Havoc
May 03, 2004, 19:50
Ah, that explains it. I had heard that all their production was going that way. I managed to snag some of the M4 pouches at Knob Creek a couple of years ago. I should have bought all I they had, could make a nice profit reselling them now.

IronHands
May 04, 2004, 20:53
I thohgt about it, they have one helluva nice pouch for the M14/FAl mag. It hold four mags on two pouches bound together. Nice...Really NIce. I wonder why they are only just sell to the military and LE? I can understand doing this just to catch up onorders for the guys in the sandbox but after they catch up, you would think they would sell to anyone who had the cash.

eggroll
June 08, 2004, 00:29
it involves patent restrictions etc etc in which they are relegated to selling to MIL/LEO.

I have a couple of their systems, and while the STRIKE is a very close clone, the EAGLE gear rides better IMO.

In theory, yes the modular pockets offered by companies now are supposed to be interchangeable.

EGG