PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With This Picture

shortround
March 16, 2002, 18:13
I just ordered the last parts I needed to finish the Fal I've been working on. This came from a major parts supplier (name has been withheld). Can anyone figure out what's wrong with this picture?

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=shortround&album_id=45349&image_id=9&courtesy=1

nicshorse
March 16, 2002, 18:16
wonder how many they did like that?

shortround
March 16, 2002, 18:20
One too many. Now I have to wait til next weekend to take it out :(

sportsnut
March 16, 2002, 18:25
Somebody must have been puffin' on the pipe. :eek:

bill55
March 16, 2002, 18:25
Makes you wonder about their quality control.

panzer
March 16, 2002, 18:59
its the rare afghani varient. It is reportedly difficult to manufacture from bomb fragments and with only a few matches remaining to light the cave supply is getting low. It is also reported that the newer ones are better, as the US bomb steel is much better than Russian ordnance steel. :D :D

HD99FXR3
March 16, 2002, 19:24
looks like a WECSOG nightmare, or maybe it's made by WAC, for use on their new inside out hard styrene FAL receiver :D

sam i am
March 16, 2002, 20:34
Send it to jeter. I am sure the " dremel king " could make it work.
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/new/greenegg.gif
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/new/greenham.gif

MK ULTRA
March 16, 2002, 21:02
It's for a Left handed FAL........

cadillac
March 16, 2002, 21:31
My, my, my. I bet somebody got sent to bed without desert over that ;) I wonder how many they sent out before they noticed :eek:

19kilo
March 16, 2002, 21:46
What is wrong with that pic??? You mean all three of those bumpy things don't go on the same side of the flat little jimmy piece???
:D
Hope I ain't being too technical for ya'all!

FalDan
March 17, 2002, 01:38
Look at it in the mirror and it will be fine :D

Jen
March 17, 2002, 01:40
BAH! There's nothing wrong with that.. just get yerself a dremel and cut out some of that there lower receiver so it'll fit on the lower and it'll work just fine! ;)

xcpd69
March 17, 2002, 02:03
If you think THAT'S bad, I've got a story for you.

Back in my misspent youth, I worked construction for a year. Electrician's helper.

One huge multi-building apartment complex we were wiring, had a very interesting building. It was an eight apartment two story building. They laid the plumbing and foundation properly, with the slab and plumbing oriented facing west. Then put up the building facing east.

Can you say toilet in the living room.

I don't know how they resolved it, as it was still screwed up when we went on to the next job, but it WAS funny.

For those of you in OKC area, it was Brookwood Village in South OKC back around '73.

FALFire
March 17, 2002, 02:45
HEHEHE THAT'S FUNNY

tabasco
March 17, 2002, 02:59
Uh- Could it be for a backwards, left-handed, inverted, variant? ;)

FALOpeno pepper

Mad Dog 7.62
March 17, 2002, 04:08
A year or so ago I was looking at real estate, the agent pointed out a house and told me that the contractor built it on the wrong lot....a lot that neither he (the contractor), nor the people buying the home owned. At that point it was in litigation, don't know how it ever turned out, I have always been curious about it.

stargazer
March 17, 2002, 09:20
We have a few road construction projects like that around here. Where the company started at both ends and when they got closer together the problem of Not lining up was obvious. One of them here is a 4 lane seperated by a median and the right and left sides of each end mate up. Well, that leaves the other sides sticking out going nowhere :eek:

Offctr
March 17, 2002, 09:40
Its an flush mount non-snag para variant just trace the arc it makes on your reciever and dremel out a notch for it and it should fit fine.