PDA

View Full Version : Custom made BDUs?

JoeLad
April 09, 2004, 20:06
Does anyone know where I can find custom made BDUs? (We called them cammies back in the day.) My problem is the stock sizes don't fit me, they're all too short.
I've grown since being discharged from the Marine Corps, and I wore Large long then. I've gained about 40 pounds and am taller too.

JoeLad:D

Adirondack1
April 10, 2004, 04:35
most companies stock sizes up to 2xx long what do you need?

James
April 10, 2004, 09:48
I had a surplus Army-Navy store here in the DFW area special order a couple of pairs of pants four inches longer than the long pants. When I originally went in I asked them if they had any longer pants and they said no but they could special order them. They did and it only took about 3 to 4 weeks and they came in. You might call around and ask if they will speical order you some pants.

James

ONG
April 10, 2004, 18:00
Did you look at e-bay? All kinds of sizes there. Most of the time good prices too.

JoeLad
April 10, 2004, 18:12
My problem is I'm 6'8", with a 39" inseam, and a 37" sleeve. Standard sizes don't apply to me. I wore a Large X-Long when I was discharged, but I was outgrowing them too.

Thanks for the tip James. I'll have to check around locally and see if they can be special ordered.

JoeLad:D

James
April 13, 2004, 22:19
Joe, if you can't find anyone let me know and I'll go back to the store and make sure they still do it and we'll try and do something on this end.

I know what you mean on the pants being too short. I'm 6'5 and couldn't get the longs to tuck in my boot so I can imagine what it must be like for you.

James

48th Highlander
April 17, 2004, 08:19
JoeLad, I am 6'7" same situation. Please let me know what you find.

Sumoj275
April 18, 2004, 13:58
Try this guy. I have seen his work and it looks good. He specializes in large and long sizes.

Gene Cody Custom Clothing
(405) 224-8006
He is in Oklahoma

HTH