PDA

View Full Version : GOOGLE practices "economic racism" against gun owners

F4GIB
March 15, 2002, 10:05
It's worse than it looks at GOOGLE.

If you also sell guns, they won't let you advertise a backpacking stove or a a topo map.

It's not the product, it's the business they are seeking to hurt.

More from WorldNetDaily: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26819

According to the owners of Bowman's Brigade, a Montana-based online gun parts and adventure gear retailer, the online search engine company Google, based in Silicon Valley, Calif., refused to accept prepaid advertising on three separate occasions earlier this month.

"For gun owners, the problem is [the Google search engine] is widely used to find products, articles or information gun owners are interested in," said a statement published by the retailer.

However, at the same time, "Google is actively engaged in making sure you don't see advertisers that just might have that particular product or information you wanted if you're a gun-related business that is," the retailer said.

"They do this by denying ad space to gun-related businesses no matter what your ad may actually say."

Contacted for comment by WorldNetDaily, the owner of the business requested anonymity. But he said he believes Google's policy is akin to economic racism. * * *

Google sells what it calls "AdWords" keywords that an advertiser purchases, so when a Web surfer searches for subjects related to those specific words, the advertiser's ad pops up on the right side of the Google search page.

A retailer "could be selling ice cream on [its] website but if [that site] also has any gun- or knife-related products, your AdWords and AdWords Select ads for 'ICE CREAM' will be refused by Google. That in a nutshell is exactly what happened to us," the retail owner said.

sledgehammer
March 15, 2002, 11:29
I don't see why they should really care. They ought to be ashamed.

mountain man
March 15, 2002, 15:23
They care because they're a bunch of "politcally correct" dipsticks whose lawyers advised them that they might have 'unacceptable liability' if they supported the dreadful and evil gun industry. Do you think that Google has their ofices in the Republik of Kalifornia or something?

buzzbomb
March 15, 2002, 16:00
Well, add Google to the list. It amazes me that a capitalist venture that relys on customers for profit, thinks that Pissing off at least half their customers is a good idea.
Can you say...Boycot?

avanarts
March 15, 2002, 16:55
As one who works in a job tied very closely with the Hi-Tech industry, I can tell you that the whole industry is riddled with far left politically correct maggots. This goes from Chip makers (on whom my job depends) to the software people like Bill Gates. Mr Gates was one of the big funders of Initiative 686 a few years ago here in Washington. 686, if passed, would have just about gutted the right to keep arms in WA State.

It should be no surprise that the Dot Commies who run companies like Google refuse to do business with anyone associated with guns.

It ain't realistic to think that we can boycot them all, but if we can come up with a strategy to take them on one at a time maybe we can make them start paying attention.

avanarts
March 15, 2002, 16:59
BTW, I just went to Google, and typed in "fn fal"
www.fnfal.com/falfiles/ (http://www.fnfal.com/falfiles/) was the first thing to come up.

F4GIB
March 15, 2002, 17:31
Try "Gil Hebard" a famous maker of evil-looking knives.

They aren't merely foolish, the folks at GOOGLE are incompetent in their foolishness.

avanarts
March 15, 2002, 17:47
Gil Hebard
Gil Hebard Guns Serving Handgunners Since 1946. ... Gil Hebard
Guns. 125 Public Square. Knoxville, IL 61448. ...
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Dreyer_infonet/gilhebar.htm - 9k - Cached - Similar pages