PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Tailor: What do you have? How well does it work?

John Randolph
March 25, 2004, 22:51
It's no secret that myself and many others are unabashed fans of this great company.

I've great experience with my MAV, but I was wondering if people had other items of gear, and what their experiences were.

I want to get the 3Day Pack Plus as my next purchase, but I wanted to know if there was something else I should consider.

Thanks in advance.
JR

mparrish
March 25, 2004, 22:53
Ooh, let's see. Three day, Three day plus, various pouches, complete large ruck remod, lots of stuff.

Broadsword
March 26, 2004, 04:06
Had a TT three day plus and loved it. It's on my list of gear to reaquire. Lost alot of gear back when all the financial/marital problems were going on. The only piece of TT gear I currently have is a completely reworked large ALICE. Butt load of add on pouches, reinforced stress areas etc. Super belt and straps. I love it. Has to be my favorite "Big Pack". If you have alot of gear to haul this is the pack you need. I have it set up as my cold weather pack. It will be going up against my new Royal Marine Arctic H-frame bergen soon. I'll let everyone know how they stack up against each other. I also have a TT log book cover for my TRGT sniper's log book. Couldn't be happier with this company.
I got the pics of the 2pc. MAV. Haven't had a chance to really study your set up though. Hope to do that soon. Looks good though.
I'd recomend TT any day.

John Randolph
March 26, 2004, 15:16
How well did the 3 Day Plus do if you were wearing a buttpack?

Did it ride on top comfortably? or did the buttpack have to be empty?

mparrish
March 26, 2004, 16:06
It worked fine if it was the standard USGI buttpack (I usually carries is slouching a bit on patrol). When I tried the Eagle Recon butt pack, it sat much higher so I actually found the pack somewhat riding on the top of this butt pack.

Broadsword
March 29, 2004, 11:29
Can you guys post some pic's and explinations of the TT Gear your using. Especially the two pc. MAV. John, The pics you sent me. I got some of them but some didn't make it. The ones that did I was unable to bring up as full screen pic's so I didn't get a good idea of your rig. I'd like to talk more about your rig. I figure it might be best to talk about it here so others can benifit from your information and pic's.
Broadsword

John Randolph
March 29, 2004, 11:45
Gunga posted the pics in the other forum

What did you want to know?

CATM Larry
April 02, 2004, 19:43
I have the 3 Day pack, and recomend that one over the Plus. My pack has the Large Utility Pouch on one side and the Multi Purpose pouch on the other side. With the Plus you are locked into the 3 extra pouches they put on there. With the standard pack, you can set it up however you want it to suit your needs. As for the rest of the TT stuff, I have the First Responders bag for my Combat Lifesavers bag, with a zipper utility pouch and med pouch attached for an IV kit, steth and BP cuff, along with some other items to stop big bleeders. My CLS bag also has a knife pouch for a Streamlight Scorpian light and a strobe pouch complete with the current issue strobe for marking you position when needed. My only problem is I always seem to find more and more stuff to cram into my bags. Great gear, I can not say enough good things about it! I have recomended them over "other" manufacturers that farm their products out to overseas places to make them, then still charge the same (or higher) prices for Made in the USA gear like TT or Eagle. OK, I'll get off of that soapbox now.

Larry