PDA

View Full Version : FAL Scope Mounts

marvl
March 14, 2002, 21:52
There seem to be two basic types of scope mount for the FAL, those that replace the dust cover and those that go around it and screw against the side of the upper receiver. Seems to me the first type is the way to go, but I have no experience with these. Any comments? Thanks.

Hipshot
March 14, 2002, 22:37
Back to top. I too would like to know about this, please.

Falcon
March 14, 2002, 23:14
I prefer the body cover type over the wraparound.They tend to original equipment where as the others are mostly aftermarket.I have an over the bore flex ring mount with a long eye relief. One of these days I am going to build up one of my G1 kits with a Hensoldt like Claus's. One of these days...

Claus's (http://www.espeholt1.subnet.dk/521944.htm)

medicmike
March 15, 2002, 12:23
Am just about to order up a night vision scope. How well do the top cover type hold up to the extra weight? Anybody have a brand preference?

MichonRAFW
March 15, 2002, 14:15
While the top-cover mounts wil work they wont have the same return to zero capability of a more rigid mount such as DSA's heavy duty or ARMS. There was a standard sissue top cover NV mount for I believe the canadian C1A1, correct me if I'm wront. It'll work but If I were to invest in NV or even good glass, I'd want a solid mount to get all the accuracy out of it possible. I believe the ARMS mount and evil williams' mount slide on like a standard top cover but are much more solid.
Ryan

StockGST
March 15, 2002, 15:57
Actually I'm looking into the ARMS or the DSA one. What's the difference beside the two beside pricing? I know the ARMS on slide on like a dust cover and the DSA one slide one and is hold in place with screws.
Does either one fit flush? Does is scratch the receivers? How about the movement? Which one hold better after a couple of hundred rounds?

Thanks
Ty

sportsnut
March 15, 2002, 16:22
I can't speak for the DSA mount, but I have an ARMS mount on my STG and wouldn't trade it for the world. Very nice fit, and holds zero fine. I have over 500 rounds on it.