PDA

View Full Version : Canadian mag pouch mods??

Deltaten
March 21, 2004, 09:34
Has anyone ever removed the plastic attachment plates from the C-2 (?) mag pouches, and used LC-2 clips?

Looks like it'd be do-able...just don't wanna "ruin" any gear to try it out. The Velcro fold-over tabs are (prolly?) only for double security of the plastic cleats; not for ultimate hanging of the pouches. As it is, they slop around, sag, and flop independant of the web belt.

ALICE clips *may* not be the end-all/be-all, but will they hold with some bit more security?

TIA,
Paul

EMDII
March 21, 2004, 12:52
eBay has Canadian web gear galore. Get the right belt and harness. Suspend the pouches from the harness, as designed. They are meant to be an integral part. If you hang them on A-clips, they'll still flop and flounce.

Or, use 550 cord to attach the pouches to the d-ring on USGI web gear. that works: AMHIK!

Farmer from Hell
March 21, 2004, 13:15
Id take out the plastic and uses zip ties to hold them to the belt if your dont trust the velcro.

Go here (http://www.awrm.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000440) for more info. TI is very sharp.

I done mine up like that but stayed with just the velcro.

Ted the Canadian pouchs seem to be a little hard to find now. Im glad I got mine a while ago.

FfH

donker
March 21, 2004, 13:58
I took/cut out the plastic from two pouches but had to take so much of the stitching I didn't want to ruin the other dozen I had. I figured I'd try later to get the correct Canadian belts and such for it. If you want alice clips on it just try the M14 pouches Sierra Supply or Charlie's Surplus sells in the SGN. Charlie's adds are infrequent. They are supposedly currently in use by the army and are divided.

Medic203
March 21, 2004, 14:51
Ruined one pouch trying to get the plastic out. Did get a couple of Canadian belts from Sportsman guide which solved that problem. The only thing I didn't like about the Canadian set up is the inability to attach other things to the belt. I know I could have used para cord. I got some the M-14 pouches from Charley's that do have the divider between the mags and work great for FAL mags. Have no use for the grenade attachments, so removed them. The Canadian pouches are better made IMO.

jamie930
March 21, 2004, 22:34
I had no problems getting the plastic parts out of those pouches. Try using a pair of side cutting pliers. Cut one side at a time then turn the piece inside you have to make a couple cuts and takes some time but it is doable

mrf2
March 22, 2004, 01:55
Before I switched over to a TT MAV I snaked some para cord through both sides of the plastic, with out removing it. It took some doing. The pouches were nice, but the TT MAV is nicer :)

mrf2