PDA

View Full Version : Russkies Harrass Navy P-3!!! Mig Pilot buzzed at 50 ft and locked on!!!

RRotz
September 10, 2001, 23:03
I'm getting sick as piss with these Commies Harasssing our boys!!!

RUSSIAN WARPLANES HARASS U.S. CRAFT OVER PACIFIC: Russian warplanes threatened patrolling U.S. Navy P-3 aircraft over the Pacific Ocean last week as the American planes monitored a military exercise in the region, the WASHINGTON TIMES is planning to report on Tuesday... MORE.. At one point during the aerial harassment, a MiG-31 interceptor pilot flew his jet within 50 feet of a P-3 maritime patrol and reconnaissance plane. One alarming sign of the Russian intercept was a radio message sent by one MiG-31 pilot to his base stating his fire-control radar had 'locked on' to the U.S. surveillance plane, U.S. intelligence tell Gertz at the TIMES... A radar 'lock' is a pilot's final step before firing a guided missile... Developing...

Dave1
September 10, 2001, 23:21
I wonder who they had to rip off to get the fuel for that Mig, seems they barely have enough dough to maintain the dam thing let alone make it fly :rolleyes:
First China, now Russia, oh yeah, can't forget saddam either, what's going on here, seems to be a trend of some sort, they'd better keep their eyes and ears open.
Dave

MK ULTRA
September 10, 2001, 23:41
Lets see how long DUBIA puts up with this.......Not too long I would think....

He has more BALLS than Klinsky ever had

MK ULTRA........OUT....... :D :D :D

Double G Gunsmithing
September 10, 2001, 23:46
Nothing suprising there Dbl R,

My cousin, a retired Master Cheif, USN, Surface warefare & anti - sub duty for 23yrs,
she just retired a bit ago. Her husband is a retired CWO ( from E-8 ).

She helped play games with the USSR while stationed with Patrol Sqd 10 in Alaska, Ice Land & Greenland. Lots of pics from a P3 ( Electra ) out the window of USSR fighter intercepts, some even waving.

Another cousin, on the otherside of the family, was with SeAL Teams since ' 67, retired after 32yrs active duty. You would not even guess where they have left Budwiser
beer cans on who's docks to say " e pissed in your backyard, and left :-)

All sides play games bruddah, new Prez, gotta see where's he's at, and our populace.

I spent enought time with the Defense Attache'Technical Liason Office ( DALO )Embassy of the United States to know "everybody play'en"

Russia / USSR is in some serious times. V. Putin ain't an idiot, or the typical drunk Russian. The first time I saw him, he entered a room, scaned it, asseted threat levels, entry / exits, and moved well & smooth, like a good "Operator". He does know what time it is for sure. You do not get to advanced Jujutsu / Judo levels without being a great stratagist. He is also a former KGB-ALPHA Officer /soldier, not a know fact to all.

Seen a Russian / Soviet leader that young in your lifetime, well..O.K...mine ? He was picked for a reason, he is squared away.

Talk to some "cold warrior's" and find out about all the "games" that went on back then,
along the Czec / Hungarian / Yugo / E. German Border, pretty interesting.

Sincerely, George L. Gouger
Life Member NRA Since 1969 www.doubleggunsmithing.com (http://www.doubleggunsmithing.com)

Richard Simms
September 10, 2001, 23:51
Gee, this has only been going on for the last FIFTY YEARS! And Dubya will do as much about it as he did about the EP-3, which is effectively nothing. The Chicoms got an intelligence bonanza dropped in thier lap, and all it cost them was one obsolescent fighter, and it's very expendable pilot.

63DH8
September 10, 2001, 23:59
50Ft? Sounds like they didn't learn from the Chinese! :D

panchop
September 11, 2001, 00:14
well we seem a little more isolated from our usual alies right now. what better time to turn up the heat on us. if it was the other way around youd do the same thing.

Trebor
September 11, 2001, 00:24
Yeah, this is nothing to get excited about. It's been going on for years, and we do it to them too. It's all part of the way the game is played. In some respects, think of it as "Counting coup" on your enemies.

Same stuff happens at sea, with the occasional collision.

Now, stuff worse then this also does happen, but at least in the past a lot of it never makes it to the public eye. My dad served on a cruiser in 66-68 and he's talked about the RUSSIAN MiG they shot down once because it got within the exclusion zone of the carrier battle group they were providing air guard for. (They figure it was Russian based on the area they were operating in at th time and where it came from). Somehow, that incident never made it into the cruise book...

Trebor

BUFF
September 11, 2001, 00:35
A good friend from junior high school recently retired from the USAF, flying F-15's, much of the time in Alaska. Trust me, our flyboys get a lot closer than 50 feet from some of those Russian Bears the Russkies fly down our coasts!

Not a new thing at all. The only time it makes the press is when someone gets killed or crashed or captured in front of potential audiences.

Richard Bird
September 11, 2001, 00:35
Who thinks the U.S. can defeat China without Russia's help?
We need them--All of them.

StirFry
September 11, 2001, 00:56
Yeh. Even during the cold war era US and USSR both played out a bunch of tense moments. This isn't anything particularly new I suppose. Old habits? The political landscape is changing and so are views of the various political powers I think.