PDA

View Full Version : New pocket knife?

iolaus
February 21, 2004, 02:10
I recently sold my truck to go back to college full time, and after decades of carrying a 3-4 inch lock blade, I find myself in a situation where it's illegal. California limits students on campus to a non-locking knife under 2 inches. I haven't stoped carrying my current knife, but with California and zero tolerance, I'm gettin' a little nervous (after all, I've got a lot on the line here).

I need to replace the current knife with something a little more "PC". Cost isn't a limitation (within reason) and I'd like to have some "coolness" factor involved (custom scales, unique design, etc.) As far as "tactical" applications go, it's a tool, not a weapon, I'm more likely to go my fists than a blade in any confrontation (but I would like the option).

So .... any suggestions?

P.S. Don't tell me to leave Kali, that's not an option yet.

19kilo
February 21, 2004, 03:13
What about a "neck knife" or some type of blade. Here is just one example from Camilus "Mini Talon" ~$150ish.

http://www.1sks.com/images/camillus/cam-tal2.jpg

Find more infor here:
http://www.1sks.com/store/camillus-mini-talon.html

KILO OUT

madecov
February 21, 2004, 06:30
Do a search for protech knives, they make some cali legal auto knives. For all the screwed up gun laws, Cali allows small automatic (switchblade) knives to be carried. They make a model called the runt that is 100% cali legal.

iolaus
February 21, 2004, 09:51
What about a "neck knife" or some type of blade. Here is just one example from Camilus "Mini Talon" ~$150ish Non-folders are out. They are considered a "dirk or dagger"Do a search for protech knives, they make some cali legal auto knives. For all the screwed up gun laws, Cali allows small automatic (switchblade) knives to be carried. They make a model called the runt that is 100% cali legal. I saw some beautiful "legal switchblades" but they're still a lockblade. We're not talking "Kali legal", we're talking "Kali educational institution" legal. :(

cycle_rcr
February 21, 2004, 10:54
eknifeworks.com

biker, case, camillus...

for example: http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce//product.jsp?range=551&Mode=Cat&Cat=83&SKU=CA1456

fastfreddy
February 21, 2004, 11:38
Just do what they want you to do and carry knitting needles :D

Why not just get a traditional Camillus jack knife? Not much "cool factor" but you would have a nice blade and maybe some bone or stag scales.

iolaus
February 21, 2004, 20:00
cycle_rcr, WOW!!! that one's almost too purty to carry! :D

19kilo
February 22, 2004, 02:55
You mean to tell me that NO ONE can even have a Gerber Multi-Tool, Leatherman, or Schrade Tool? What a bunch of utter bull shit. (all of those have knife blades that "LOCK" in the open position).
I guess you could use a non-locking blade, cut your finger off then sue the ******* pukes for not allowing you to have a necessary "safety" feature on your knife. A safety feature that does not put anyone else at risk, it just makes your knife that much safer.
**** KALI.
KILO OUT