PDA

View Full Version : NPR

tigerfans2
February 19, 2004, 13:04
I've got this itsy, bitsy little FM radio that I listen to on the treadmill every morning and you keep hitting the scan button till you get to a station you like. So this a.m. instead of going up to 99.whatever oldies but goodies I stopped at KANU out of larryville kansas, an NPR station (the loyal opposition).
D*mn, where do they get all these NICE announcers and "news anchors" ? They all take with that hushed voice so............ NICE.......
They all sound like my dearly departed maiden aunt, a very NICE lady.

note: I'd fat fingered the keys and typed kike instead of like, I don't want to get em excited so I've edited it

fastfreddy
February 19, 2004, 13:14
Their very soothing tones enable the listeners to become very receptive to their programming...... news program, that is.

Jambo
February 19, 2004, 13:35
Originally posted by fastfreddy
Their very soothing tones enable the listeners to become very receptive to their programming...... news program, that is.

and damn if it doesn't work. Anyway, here in southern oklahoma, there's this christian or catholic or whatever station....- religious station 100.7, the WRDD, WRRD, or WORD or something like that. And on weeknights around 11:00 or 12:00, there's this lady that comes on and her voice alone will put me to sleep. It's kinda of odd how just the sound of someone's voice can have that kinda of effect on you.